Secondary Fuel Pump

dcazin

• 2 weeks later...

So I am about to do this to my car. It needs it badly. So the line u ran from drivers side pump to AN fitting on passenger side pump; where did it connect to on the drivers side pump? Also I assume u had to drill holes in the covers that go over the fuel pumps to run the line?

I am also thinking of just splicing the wiring of the new pump in with the old one. Does it have to be on a switch? I'm can't think of a reason it wouldn't work just running all the time. Its not adding fuel, its just moving it around so the thought of over flowing is negated. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry for so many questions. I have three days to get this done before my first race and I want to make sure I get it done right.

So the line that dumps the fuel back into the main pump...you say it dumps it into the bucket. Is this in the bottom of the tank where the baffles are or inside the fuel pump casing itself?

Pics would help greatly

I think I got it figured out. Everything makes more sense, now that I see everything. I tore into everything today and I think I have just about everything I need. I am trying to find a quick connect though for the drivers side. I might just slide the hose on there and clamp it.

Well, I ran the car yesterday in comp school at Mid Ohio and I still hit fuel cut. It took a lot longer before I hit it, but I still did. I am wondering if I did something wrong.

Where does the fuel pump actually pick up fuel from? Also, my tube that I installed on the 6AN fitting on the passenger side, I have it dumping into what I think is the bucket you guys referred to. Its the bottom casing of the fuel pump assembly that the screen sits in. Is that correct. Any pics or insight you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

I stand corrected. I had electrical issues. Fuel pump worked. I was able to run below half tank yesterday which I've never gone that low without hitting fuel cut.

I stand corrected. I had electrical issues. Fuel pump worked. I was able to run below half tank yesterday which I've never gone that low without hitting fuel cut.

Awesome!

• 11 months later...

I need to bump this topic. I have my 2nd pump now. How is everyone getting power to it? Also, has anyone looked into something like this to put in one or both sides? Not sure what the best dimensions are because i havent taken the time to measure yet, but there are many different sizes. https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/parts/16-106