Dave Martel H2 B16

Dave (nasa instructor) H2/1 Type R

Andrew H1 K24

Vic H unk, no engine

Jim? (new guy that just got his license this weekend) H1? unk engine

Chris Smith H2/1 type R

Percy Howard H1 K24

Meris H2/1 unk engine

I added Meris and also the persons car classification. H2/1 means currently H2 but can loose weight for H1. H1/2 is H1 but can add weight for H2, H1 guys are the K swaps. I'm thinking everyone run H1 so there are fewer technical concerns, we can fill the grind for max Toyo bux, and we won't be subject to the rediculus every changing H2 rules. We will be able to work out some gentleman's agreements for parity amongst the cars/drivers. Anything we come up with will be unofficial and voluntary. Anyone have other thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeski38

• Hooked

• wic

• hagakure

Top Posters In This Topic

Current Possible competitors...correct me if you want off the list

Jim? (new guy that just got his license this weekend) H1? unk engine

Mike - my car is a 2000 Civic hatch with a JDM type R, so go ahead and list me with the info below.

Jim Markarian H2/1 type R

This all sounds great! I'm definitely down and

Will run HC at thill later this month. My k24

Is making about 210 and I weigh 2520. I'm happy to add weight

For parity when we get more full fields.

lol, With sig like that, who'd of guessed? Just heard from Andrew that he is stuck with a wedding or some other imovable social obligation, so strike him from that list .

I think its three of us (Jim, you, me) plus the Locks...Mike/Chris? We all must reg H1.

my sig is from an Outkast song called

"Spottieottiedopalicious"... As in:

"Yes, when I first met my spottieottiedopaliscious angel

I can remember that damn thing like yesterday

The way she moved, reminded me of a brown stallion horse

With skates on you know smooth like a hot comb on nappy ass hair..."

Adding some more possibles to the list... Mike Lew, he bought my USTCC prepped (Brian Z's old car) Type R w/ H23 vtec. Fast car and a good driver by the reports. Should be a car to beat! And Tommy Lo, old school NASA guy who has run HC before. He currently has the weird looking thing with the wrong wheels spinning.

Mike Lock H2/1 H22

Chris Lock H1/2 K20

Dave Martel H2 B16

Dave (nasa instructor) H2/1 Type R

Andrew H1 K24

Vic C unk, no engine

Jim H2/1 Type R

Chris Smith H2/1 type R

Percy Howard H1 K24

Meris H2/1 unk engine

Mike Lew H1 H23vtec

Tommy Lo H2 GSR

That makes 12 possible. And there are several hondas in USTCC that could possibly slide over. I bet some could show up from time to time. Hopefully no issue making the minimum 5 for good toyo payout at every event! We will need a new group leader...thoughts?

Damn it man,,,, more Hondas you say.... I've been practicing at for the last 2years hoping that one day the heard would return to the watering hole... could it be

Gents,

my personal feeling is that we all want to go have some fun on track so lets try and do exactly that. In an effort to get he angry bees back to NASA run what you have (Nittos, RA1's bla bla) lets just get the weights correct for motor, have a gentleman's agreement and lets hit the track. Like i told Dave M and Jim M we all have approximately the same Hp so if the weights of the car are done in keeping with HC rules we all should be just fine. Next year if there is any body left after the carnage we can talk about adhering to the letter of the law.....

But that's just me........ Bueller..anyone.

NASA Thunderhill Saturday schedule group C:

8:20pm practice (20m)

4:55pm race

TrackMasters running within NASA same day :

8:00am 20m

10:40am 20m

12:40pm 20m

4:35pm 20

Count me out on Saturday. I'll drive HPDE4 Saturday and get nearly twice the track time.

NASA Thunderhill Saturday schedule group C:

8:20pm practice (20m)

4:55pm race

TrackMasters running within NASA same day :

8:00am 20m

10:40am 20m

12:40pm 20m

4:35pm 20

Count me out on Saturday. I'll drive HPDE4 Saturday and get nearly twice the track time.

Woof, that is an ugly schedule, but you have to take the good with the bad Dave. We need to show Jerry that we can be a consistent series again and maybe we can get out of the group C mess. There is a lot of room in the spec disaster group, and since our cars are a good deal faster in a straight line we should be able to navigate around each other with ease. Maybe buy a group 4 in addition to the race group so you can get the extra track time.

I emailed Scott Smith about Sat schedule. He pointed out that the track time offered on Sunday brings the total for the weekend to the same.

Sunday:

Warmup=20m

P=30m

R=40m

I emailed Scott Smith about Sat schedule. He pointed out that the track time offered on Sunday brings the total for the weekend to the same.

Sunday:

Warmup=20m

P=30m

R=40m

That sounds a lot better. It does make for long day on Saturday though. Mike, what kind of car count do we need to get back into group A?

Hey Guys,

I won't be racing HC until September. Will just TT at the upcoming NASA Event as we made a lot of changes recently I still need to work on. Also, my next two races are going to be SCCA STU, June at thill, july at Sonoma. I'm cool with running HC next year, but may run STU as well. That Saturday schedule does suck. Where is qualifying?

That Saturday schedule does suck. Where is qualifying?

Percy - for the race on Saturday, the schedule includes the comment 'Grid set from Last event race results'. I guess if someone didn't run in the last event, they would just put them in the back of the grid.

Last month at Thunderhill, it was interesting that for Sunday, they had a warmup, then race1 in the normal direction with the grid set from the Saturday race results, and then race2 in the reverse direction with the grid set from the Sunday race1 results. Main thing is that they ended up without a separate qual session on Sunday, but had two race sessions. I'm not sure if they will do that in the future (having three or more race sessions for a group during the weekend), but it was an interesting option eliminating the qual session on Sunday in favor of an extra race. - Jim

Sunday:

Warmup=20m

P=30m

R=40m

That sounds a lot better. It does make for long day on Saturday though. Mike, what kind of car count do we need to get back into group A?

Not sure. But I can assure you Jerry will want to see not just car count but consistency. The planning of the weekend schedules is a lot of work and if we request a change into a better group, we'll have to back it up.

Edited by Guest

What tires do you currently have on your car Jim?

I have been running Toyo RA1's (225/45-15) for a long time, but currently have a set of NT01's on the car worn about half way down. I've got a set of slightly worn RA1's as rain tires / emergency tires. For my next dry set, I'll probably go with the Toyo RR's. - Jim

I agree with Drew that a period of old tire burn up time will take place, but if we are serious about Honda challenge in norcal the next tires we all should be buying are RR's. Since the plan is everyone in H1 the limited sizes and H2 wheel width rules should not be an issue. From what I hear they are good tires, faster then RA-1's but still with decent durability.

• 3 weeks later...

This list is absolutely for certain as of today, right now. We will all register HC1.

1. Dave Martel '98 Civic coupe B16

2. Andrew Ogilvie '9x Civic hatch K24

3. Jim Markarian '00 Civic hatch B18

4. Percy Howard '9x Prelude Kxx

5. Mike?,'9x Prelude dk motor. (I take it you're in as well right? Is this the five you're thinking?)

So, yes, this will be a three year record. Anyone else is welcome. And realize that no one is going to be doing tech inspections this weekend.