ctbimmer

Track time at Barber

427Mustang
Either go, or don't. Thunder Lightning and Blitz in the same event does happen quite a bit. Which means that 3 race groups 3-4 DE groups and a TT group happens and track time must be cut short in order to make best use of the live track hours available. They don't just make up groups and keep adding them.

Jim has asked several times for a decent alternative, but none has been offered. Just complaining.

Thanks for your permission to go or not go, Dez. My choices are clear now.

I knew you would have something to say when I pointed out the disparity in race vs TT viability.

My solution was clear (or so I thought). Cap entries or cut equally from all groups (assuming an equitable split of track time to begin with).

By the way, the blitz group is proof that they can and will keep adding groups, to the point that it even becomes the norm, as you suggested.

So why not put the GD blitz group on the schedule to begin with, be transparent for the poor shlep driving from hundreds of miles away about what he is actually getting for his money, and then when the entries don't support 3 groups, everyone is thrilled about the extra track time?

Husqvarna

Picked up several hundred screwdrivers at swap meet last weekend

Fred Crawford

Dear 427,

After this horse beating I believe you may need some counseling. My best friend Badboy Ed McGuire will be down there with you Mustang boys, I would like to get you two together and have a therapy session.

Are going down Friday or Saturday, I would like to set this up. it will be very helpful, for your pinned up emotions.

deere

doctor

heavychevy
Either go, or don't. Thunder Lightning and Blitz in the same event does happen quite a bit. Which means that 3 race groups 3-4 DE groups and a TT group happens and track time must be cut short in order to make best use of the live track hours available. They don't just make up groups and keep adding them.

Jim has asked several times for a decent alternative, but none has been offered. Just complaining.

Thanks for your permission to go or not go, Dez. My choices are clear now.

I knew you would have something to say when I pointed out the disparity in race vs TT viability.

My solution was clear (or so I thought). Cap entries or cut equally from all groups (assuming an equitable split of track time to begin with).

By the way, the blitz group is proof that they can and will keep adding groups, to the point that it even becomes the norm, as you suggested.

So why not put the GD blitz group on the schedule to begin with, be transparent for the poor shlep driving from hundreds of miles away about what he is actually getting for his money, and then when the entries don't support 3 groups, everyone is thrilled about the extra track time?

Husqvarna

Picked up several hundred screwdrivers at swap meet last weekend

I don't really care about a lot of track time. I only do a few laps in a TT weekend anyways. I think the most I've done is 15 and a minimum of 6. Probably average around 9-10.

This is not me vs you, or TT vs Race group. A LOT of us have waiting for 5 years for NASA to go back to Barber, so I really am glad it's packed out. That means we are sure to see this event again next year. I'm also more than willing to sacrifice track time to have a great event. And I'm excited to watch the racing! It's going to be GOOD based on who I see on the lists.

Since this is a "new" event, isn't it understandable that they didn't know for sure what the response would be and didn't put the blitz group in to begin with? This seems obvious or they probably would have done something on Friday too. I would never suggest they put Blitz in from the start, why? That would have meant more complaining earlier in the process and could have been for no reason if the numbers were lower. I have yet to see an event with more than 3 race groups. Blitz is the flex group for large amounts of racers. I think that is the cap and we should know that going in, you "could" have 4 DE groups 3 race groups and a TT group.

IMO this is what crossover events SHOULD be. Packed house. In future years, they may only do 3 DE groups, or add Friday to the schedule but they will always add Blitz with a ton of racers.

427Mustang
Dear 427,

After this horse beating I believe you may need some counseling. My best friend Badboy Ed McGuire will be down there with you Mustang boys, I would like to get you two together and have a therapy session.

Are going down Friday or Saturday, I would like to set this up. it will be very helpful, for your pinned up emotions.

deere

doctor

See, the thing is Freddy, guys like you with nothing intelligent to say, like to keep on commenting off topic. So naturally, guys like me, never at a loss for words, and always willing to carry the discussion to the nth, can't resist beating the horse for the possible edification of the open minded, or at the very least, the entertainment of the bystanding and the aggravation of the lemming.

Ed, points well taken as always. Agree to disagree. By the way, the question about putting blitz on the schedule up front was rhetorical, we all know full well why that isn't done.

Husqvarna

Dr Love

Fred Crawford
Dear 427,

deere

doctor

See, the thing is Freddy, guys like you with nothing intelligent to say, like to keep on commenting off topic. So naturally, guys like me, never at a loss for words, and always willing to carry the discussion to the nth, can't resist beating the horse for the possible edification of the open minded, or at the very least, the entertainment of the bystanding and the aggravation of the lemming.

Ed, points well taken as always. Agree to disagree. By the way, the question about putting blitz on the schedule up front was rhetorical, we all know full well why that isn't done.

Husqvarna

Dr Love

My question was not a complicated one for an intelligent, edificatory of the open minded, horse beating , person like yourself. I thought my question was on topic...... What day are you arriving at Barber?

Deere

Wondering

427Mustang
Dear 427,

deere

doctor

Husqvarna

Dr Love

My question was not a complicated one for an intelligent, edificatory of the open minded, horse beating , person like yourself. I thought my question was on topic...... What day are you arriving at Barber?

Deere

Wondering

As though your question deserves a response, I will play. I live there.

Any other useless questions?

Husqvarna

Quivering

427Mustang

Gee whiz, Derf, suddenly your "happy go lucky" aire seems to have turned a little dark. Does my aggressive/passive style not mix with your passive/aggressive? Sorry brother, it's all in good fun. Nothing personal, just offensive.

It would be rather hypocritical of me to participate after having the audacity to take a stance with those who saw inequity in the way this was handled. (Did you even see the original revision to the schedule?)<===rhetorical, I really could care less if you did or not. Think I will sit this one out, and continue to do so until a different solution is found than a "fluid" schedule that is at the mercy of the bottom line.

Fred Crawford

Living there and playing is one thing..... I said at the beginning of this BS thread I said was not going to Barber. Not a dog in this fight, and was looking at both sides. (read back history if needed)

How many events have you run with Nasa Se in the past 3 years? Are you signed up for the Barber weekend? That is a pretty "on Topic" question at this point.

I bet you do sit this one out.

deere

wonders

427Mustang
Living there and playing is one thing..... I said at the beginning of this BS thread I said was not going to Barber. Not a dog in this fight, and was looking at both sides. (read back history if needed)

How many events have you run with Nasa Se in the past 3 years? Are you signed up for the Barber weekend? That is a pretty "on Topic" question at this point.

I bet you do sit this one out.

deere

wonders

Frankly Derf, you don't know what you're talking about. I dropped quite a bit of coin to get ready for this event, and was looking forward to it and the remainder of the year as well. I was very disappointed when the schedule change was brought to my attention (even though I was not yet signed up, I did have an investment already). Initially, the complaints were met with the same glib crap that I always remembered from years past. That, and just plain hogwash.<====if you need me to elaborate, just say so, you know I love expired equine abuse.

If this thread is BS, and you don't have a dog in the fight, then why did you ever comment to begin with?

To be perfectly honest. I may never have posted here if it weren't for your early comments. You bully people with your "humor", and when someone calls you out on that, you try a full on frontal assault (read your post above).

You complain about the length of the thread, but are somehow unable to resist prolonging it with jibberish. Maybe there is counseling for that, i don't know.

Husqvarna

It is getting tedious in here

Fred Crawford

Are you attending Barber Event

8 pages long , I am just curious.

Deere

Lacking IQ

427Mustang

Here ya go, a quick look back to some of your better contributions to this BS thread. I especially like the wave goodbye and the offer of a plane ticket. Good, relevant stuff. Should I post some more, and pummel another deceased charger?

My guess he meant the " event" food beer and trophys,,,, oh the cost of the trophy girls...

Deere

Bean Counter

Its a long haul out to the Rockies,

Deere

Waving

Jim , that was funny, I had forgot about that scene.

It is a good point that all races are decided in the first 10 minutes, I should of just pulled over and saved money. Let me make that point at the next racers meeting...... cain't wait for that

Deere

Learning

Everyday

If your flying, hope its a round trip ticket

Deere

Season

This, my fans...... brings a tears to my eyes. Me, the Deere being quoted " in a positive way", finally some respect However, I take issue with the point..... that there is a limit to crap......

Deere

Fullofit

The last signoff above is the the most poignant, IMNSHO

427Mustang
Are you attending Barber Event

8 pages long , I am just curious.

Deere

Lacking IQ

JHC dude, reading comprehension!!! I already answered that question more than once. Do you have a point, or is that it?

Husqvarna

Patience is a virtue, they say

Fred Crawford

I am sorry I missed your answer, I even went back and doubled check. After all the concern and critical comments regarding Nasa SE, I thought I had a fair question. I will admit I am not to bright, can't help my genes, doing the best I can. This is my attempt to understand where you are coming from. When you put a lot of money into an organization, one should get a audience.

How many races in the last 3 years or so have you participated in?

Are you signed up and attending Barber?

Deere

Humble

n80
JHC dude, reading comprehension!!! I already answered that question more than once. Do you have a point, or is that it?

suicide.gif

427Mustang

Here's an interesting project, for someone willing to undertake it. Determine how many pages this thread would be reduced by if each of Derf's posts were deleted. I mean, aside from the higher order wit and charm, the improper use of the quote button, and that ridiculous mugshot in each and every post, would much really be lost?

Husqvarna

Wishing Freddy wasn't "back" in every GD post

427Mustang
I am sorry I missed your answer, I even went back and doubled check. After all the concern and critical comments regarding Nasa SE, I thought I had a fair question. I will admit I am not to bright, can't help my genes, doing the best I can. This is my attempt to understand where you are coming from. When you put a lot of money into an organization, one should get a audience.

How many races in the last 3 years or so have you participated in?

Are you signed up and attending Barber?

Deere

Humble

First off, it's not an "organization" and one has no ownership or entitlement by virtue of dollars spent to entertain oneself. It's a business, remember?

It would be rather hypocritical of me to participate after having the audacity to take a stance with those who saw inequity in the way this was handled. (Did you even see the original revision to the schedule?)<===rhetorical, I really could care less if you did or not. Think I will sit this one out, and continue to do so until a different solution is found than a "fluid" schedule that is at the mercy of the bottom line.

Read it again, nice and slow. Pay particular attention to the bold part. That means no.

As for the last three years, I don't know, but it's more than a few. Frankly it's none of your business. Hypothetically, if I had gone thru a divorce in the last three years, would that be any of your business? If I had suffered some financial setbacks, would that be any of your business? If I had some really bad luck with my race car, would that be any of your business? If my son had suffered a massive stroke, would that be any of your business?

As I warned, you don't know what you're talking about.

Husqvarna

Finds deere self righteous, arrogant and full of himself, anything but humble

Fred Crawford

I oppoligize, I did not mean for any of my questions to be in a personal way. I asked my couple of questions only because when someone spends their money for an event, or someone is active in a organization, or someone volunteers at events,( god bless corner workers) it just makes that person, well somewhat more credible when commenting.

That's all.

Regards

deere

humbly urine

Fred Crawford

I oppoligize, I did not mean for any of my questions to be in a personal way. I asked my couple of questions only because when someone spends their money for an event, or someone is active in a organization, or someone volunteers at events,( god bless corner workers) it just makes that person, well somewhat more credible when commenting.

That's all.

Regards

deere

humbly urine

WynnS123

I enjoy competition more than track time. If I wanted to just turn laps, I'd run with Chin. There are 10 in my class so far. Bring on the competition and contingencies! Also, I am very happy that Barber is on the NASA schedule.

Fred Crawford

Sorry for the double post, my work is done here.

Deere

Mohamad Ali

retlaw

it's pretty easy to fix a double post …. (hint, hint … delete the second post ….. ?)

sperkins

And to think some folks call me an arrogant, trouble making, pompous ass.

Looks like I need to step up my game a bit.

Fred Crawford
it's pretty easy to fix a double post …. (hint, hint … delete the second post ….. ?)

Again..... too stupid. ha

Deere

Challenged