ctbimmer

Track time at Barber

heavychevy

Yeah, I thought the schedule's came out 2 weeks prior to. I'd like to see them as well.

Jason S.

I have a feeling they are being massaged a little bit which is why the general schedule got posted in place of the detailed one that sparked this monster of a thread.

Firebird Man
I have a feeling they are being massaged a little bit which is why the general schedule got posted in place of the detailed one that sparked this monster of a thread.

Let's all hope for a "Happy Ending" to that massage...

DriverGT5

FWIW I am paying full price for Barber, closing the shop for two days to make the drive, and while I think the total cost is high (my entry fees are only 17% of my total cost BTW) I'm just excited to get the chance to go back once more. Barber is a great track and a lot of fun and I feel it is worth the expense at least once and a while.

450/.17=$2,647

WOW! That's a lot of money for a weekend.

Well the good news is that we figured out it was cheaper to fly Kelly to Barber Friday night than to close the shop so now that we are going to be open Friday and Monday it'll only cost us around $1500 including the plane ticket. The Roadster isn't expensive to run but our truck gets 6.7 MPG, camping and power are $50 a day, tires, fuel, plane tickets, and at the time closing for two days would have easily cost what I said above.

Now I'm at a much more reasonable 30% ratio.

I got 15MPG towing with our V6 Explorer Sport and an open trailer. I got 11MPG towing with our 4.6 F150 (a much safer 11MPG I might add). Then we decided to get a 28' enclosed trailer so we didn't get rained on and had a place to sleep. Now I get a fabulous 6.7 MPG. 7.5 MPG when drafting Jim's big rig!!

I was seriously looking for a diesel but realized that if we tow to every event this year, a diesel truck will save us about $1500 in gas. With the cost to purchase one easily $5000 more than what our F150 is worth I think it's cheaper to just pony up the higher gas prices. Plus Kelly and I are building a house and I really don't want to park any more money in racing gear at the moment.

Jim P.

Our experience has been that less than 30% of racers participate in Sunday practice/warmups so there is no reason to think that it will be anything but a few racers who want "more track time".

sperkins
Our experience has been that less than 30% of racers participate in Sunday practice/warmups so there is no reason to think that it will be anything but a few racers who want "more track time".

I would have to agree with you Jim. Personally, I don't think I ever ran a Sunday practice session (to save on consumables).

Most racers skip all the Sunday morning meetings and catch up on some zzz's from a late Saturday evening.

Not having a morning warmup does however stink for those guys who break on Saturday and have to test repairs during a qualifying session.

brkntrxn

I would have to agree with you Jim. Personally, I don't think I ever ran a Sunday practice session (to save on consumables).

Most racers skip all the Sunday morning meetings and catch up on some zzz's from a late Saturday evening.

Not having a morning warmup does however stink for those guys who break on Saturday and have to test repairs during a qualifying session.

Sunday is not a qualifying session, Scott. It is a warmup.

awdracer

This has to be the biggest SE event ever.

I don't recall ever seeing this many racers at an SE event. It looks like you guys are going strong. Great stuff.

kbrew8991

it's about 4-5 regions, not just SE, about what you'd expect after a long layoff at a pretty good track.

eogel

Any results or event comments?

Brian E.

I will quote my quote from the spec e30 forums:

"I f**king love racing."

eogel

Lemming, Thank you.

Ed