For Sale: Yellow Porsche 944 Spec Race Car #38 Transformers

Litespeeds

I am regretfully selling my 1983 Porsche 944 Spec race car. Car comes with just about every upgrade except for a limited slip and short 5th gear. The motor was replaced with a freshly rebuilt high compression 88' motor to 944 race specs. Has a brand new race clutch and rebuild torsion tubes. Has oil cooler, manual steering, Weltmeister adjustable swaybars, Koni shocks, 30mm torsion bars, custom alighned and corner balanced. New brake lines with Hawk Blues. Braille lightweight battery. Autopower bolt in roll cage with custom welded reinforcement on door bars and under dash. Recaro Pole Position seat with back brace. Fire suppression system and extinguisher. Transponder. 2 sets of Cookie Cutter wheels. 1 set of Toyo R888 tires where 2 are brand new and 2 are used for about 10 heat cycles. Both side nets. Seat harness is expired and will need to be replaced.

If you do a search under NorCal NASA 944 Spec, you should be able to find pictures of my yellow #38 Transformer / Bumble Bee race car. I have all the build receipts. Invested over $15K so I will sell it to the first buyer who wants it for $8K. I am firm on this price. I don't want to waste your time so please don't waste mine.

I am sure I missed some other details but you get the idea. Only raced 1 or 2 weekend since the engine rebuild. Haven't driven it for over 2 years but I do start it up and run it at least once a month. Always stored indoors at my warehouse in San Leandro, CA 94577.

Car had a clean title and was never involved in any accidents on the race track. Unfortunately when I was trailering it back to the shop after some mainentance, my trailer and car was hit by a pickup truck and damaged my trailer and the left quarter panel. I had Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland do all the repairs. I have pictures to show this accident. Frame is straight and was never damaged in this accident. Because of this, the car holds a salvaged title as the insurance had to pay for the repairs and the value of a 1983 944 was not as much as the repairs in their eyes.

All you need is a seat harness, tech inspection and you are ready to race. Comes with a log book but didn't renew it last 2 years. You can reach me at [email protected] if you want actual photos or need any more info. Thanks.