Abs removal/substitution

esr

Would like to know if some of you are running w/o it and what are you running instead.

Thanks

I know someone who removed last year and went with adjustable (under the hood) boasting valve (as per rules) set at about 70/30.

I've had trouble intermittently with my ABS cutting out. Which also changes the biasing in a pretty dramatic fashion - not in a good way. Not fun in the middle of track session . Though my passenger seemed to enjoy it

Had the same experience, don't want the added stress!

Do you have contact info for that guy?

quote="FastNotFurious"]

Would like to know if some of you are running w/o it and what are you running instead.

Thanks

I know someone who removed last year and went with adjustable (under the hood) boasting valve (as per rules) set at about 70/30.

I've had trouble intermittently with my ABS cutting out. Which also changes the biasing in a pretty dramatic fashion - not in a good way. Not fun in the middle of track session . Though my passenger seemed to enjoy it

Had the same experience, don't want the added stress!

Do you have contact info for that guy?

quote="FastNotFurious"]

Thanks

Contact ldstang on this forum....

• Members

I removed the system for a customer. A couple of T fittings, some adapters, and you can pull out the unit entirely. Brakes are great without the ABS!

All, I am working with Clark to make a full parts list and a "how too" doc with pics. We should have that together in a couple of weeks.

As other have said, this isn't all that complex of a task. However it is a PIA to get all the correct parts together that will make it 100% robust and no leaks/no major installation hassles.

more to follow...version Zero is complete, thinking about Version 1 now...

did you install any type of proportion valve?

quote="B Esquire"]I removed the system for a customer. A couple of T fittings, some adapters, and you can pull out the unit entirely. Brakes are great without the ABS!

• Members
did you install any type of proportion valve?

quote="B Esquire"]I removed the system for a customer. A couple of T fittings, some adapters, and you can pull out the unit entirely. Brakes are great without the ABS!

Yes I installed a screw type proportioning valve under the hood where the ABS pump was.

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on that set up, for abs removal?

All, I am working with Clark to make a full parts list and a "how too" doc with pics. We should have that together in a couple of weeks.

As other have said, this isn't all that complex of a task. However it is a PIA to get all the correct parts together that will make it 100% robust and no leaks/no major installation hassles.

more to follow...version Zero is complete, thinking about Version 1 now...

I still don't have a write-up or pics...

however the entire ABS Assembly was removed, braided hoses used throughout, Tee-blocks, and a proportion valve used to manage the rear brake bias.

Worked great, but have some initial fluid seepage due to the incompatability of the various brands of fittings used. But after some heat cycles and snugging the fitting…everything worked great.

you don’t want to over tighten them for sure…

The driver report a “Good -Hard Pedal”…like in the old days before ABS

• 4 weeks later...

I had a question on this. I've looked up the hydraulic circuit diagram and the primary side of the master cylinder goes to the Front Left and Rear Right and the secondary side goes to the Rear Left and Front Right.

How do you end up plumbing this with a proportional valve. Is there a reason they alternated the primary and secondary sides? Thanks for any info!

Pete

Remember some shop teacher saying it was a safety thing so the car would still brake straight.

Is there a difference between the circuits?

I would assume no!

quote="pueblopete"]I had a question on this. I've looked up the hydraulic circuit diagram and the primary side of the master cylinder goes to the Front Left and Rear Right and the secondary side goes to the Rear Left and Front Right.

How do you end up plumbing this with a proportional valve. Is there a reason they alternated the primary and secondary sides? Thanks for any info!

Pete

Remember some shop teacher saying it was a safety thing so the car would still brake straight.

Is there a difference between the circuits?

I would assume no!

quote="pueblopete"]I had a question on this. I've looked up the hydraulic circuit diagram and the primary side of the master cylinder goes to the Front Left and Rear Right and the secondary side goes to the Rear Left and Front Right.

Pete

No, there isn't. A couple others suggest the same as you that it was there for a safety thing and can be switched. Thanks!