Paddock Power at Barber

ScottBell

Only if people actually followed the parking map things would be better. Race groups could all be together versus scattered out, but seems to always to be same. There those who arrive and chose parking that suits their purpose then proceed to run off anyone who try's to park there even though they are following the grid.

We even had a racer arrive early to the designated area. When we arrived the next morning, the area was all taken by others. The guy who left his car there was blocked in and not even enough space to park his truck.

I talk to the people at Barber about power in the paddock. They're a power pole at various places in the paddock it is either 50amp or 60 amp. Power cost $25 a day. Some of those poles do have 110 outlets. When you pay for the power they will give you a band to the pole. I do not think that using power that you did not pay for would be a good idea at Barber. It's first come gets the power. Camping in the paddock is another $25 a night, which Julie collects when you register for Barber. Hope this helps.

The guy who left his car there was blocked in and not even enough space to park his truck.

Nice, I guess people will be people no matter where you are.

I do not think that using power that you did not pay for would be a good idea at Barber

Didn't say I wouldn't pay for it if that's the policy. Just trying to plan ahead for if I need to haul the generator, or call ahead and reserve a spot.

• Members

When I was there last i kept asking who I need to pay and they said "he will come around". He never came around. Got me a generator now so I'll have toasty buns either way.

Didn't say I wouldn't pay for it if that's the policy. Just trying to plan ahead for if I need to haul the generator, or call ahead and reserve a spot.

My comment was not meant to say you would not pay. I have just heard so many stories about how strick Barber is about its rule I was trying to avoid unnecessary trouble for you or anyone else. Sorry that it didn't come across that way.

Only if people actually followed the parking map things would be better. Race groups could all be together versus scattered out, but seems to always to be same. There those who arrive and chose parking that suits their purpose then proceed to run off anyone who try's to park there even though they are following the grid.

We even had a racer arrive early to the designated area. When we arrived the next morning, the area was all taken by others. The guy who left his car there was blocked in and not even enough space to park his truck.

I saw the parking map and thought "what a great idea." Since I'm dropping off on Friday night I was curious as to where and how I should park...

But it sounds like it's a standard NASA first-come-first-serve paddock situation. I guess short of having assigned parking or an attendant check your car's run group as you pull in, there's no way to police it. I'm not complaining, mind you, it's been this way for all of the other NASA regions I've visited as well. Yeah, it sucks when someone shows up super early and cones off half the paddock, but the elaborate camps and whatnot are part of what make NASA so fun to run with!

It is a dog eat dog world.

I will be arriving Thursday with cones to mark off the 944 spec section. With over 9 racers at this event, what to make sure we group. None of us have those big rigs so it will not be that big of a roped off section.

Maybe we could provide Deere with a golf cart and have him be in charge of parking.

I will be arriving Thursday with cones to mark off the 944 spec section. With over 9 racers at this event, what to make sure we group. None of us have those big rigs so it will not be that big of a roped off section.

Maybe we could provide Deere with a golf cart and have him be in charge of parking.

I am a 944 pilot and I support this message.

Fred Crawford

I am a 944 pilot and I support this message.

My experience, Barber have their own golf carts and will tell YOU where to park.

Deere

Police