WScottCross

2014 Ford Fiesta ST classification

WScottCross

I don't see a listing for the new Fiesta ST in the classification guide. It's a 1.6L with 197HP at the flywheel and 215lb/ft of torque. Ford lists the curb wt at 2740. I'm guessing based on the other cars in the guide that will fall in either NXE or NXF.

getfast

Page 1 of that same document explains that it'll run in NXR until someone submits it to national for base classing.

Interestingly its big brother the Focus ST ended up at NXD**

WScottCross

Ouch! I certainly won't be competitive in that class! I guess that's the price of being an early adopter.

getfast

Hahaha but who cares when the "FiST" is such a fun car. I have ridden in two of 'em now but haven't driven one yet. Although I have a "FoST" in my driveway which is a torque steering, one front tire smoking, lift throttle oversteering, hot mess to drive... bone stock. I kinda love it.

Anyway we're looking into base classing of the "FiST" now that it's on our radar, I'll update hopefully soon. Thanks!

WScottCross

It certainly is a fun car! There aren't any events that I know of in New England until April anyway so hopefully it will be properly classed by then. I'll keep an eye out.

mcmmotorsports
It certainly is a fun car! There aren't any events that I know of in New England until April anyway so hopefully it will be properly classed by then. I'll keep an eye out.

Where in New England are you? I am in Danbury CT with my FoST.

WScottCross

I live in central CT, but I work in Danbury. I've seen a black FoST parked at FCE. That's not you is it?

I ran with CARTCT several times last year and they're considering switching from SCCA to NASA rules because of too many classes in SCCA and we always end up bumping classes anyway.

mcmmotorsports

No, Ingot Silver.

WScottCross

Mine is Molten Orange. Hard to miss. PM me if you want to meet up for lunch some day and compare cars.

getfast

Thanks to Greg Greenbaum, the 2014 NASA-X base classing for the "FiST" will be:

Ford Fiesta ST ('14)(turbo)---NXE** 2675 lbs

...which means effectively it's a D car as soon as you do anything that isn't a reflash or a no-points mod.

14 points for ** plus 5 points for factory forced induction means E +19pts bone stock as it comes off a showroom floor.

Now let's get some of these pocket rockets out in NASA-X (and TT for that matter) to see how they do!

WScottCross

That was fast! Thanks!

getfast

It's not always that fast, but no problem.

Relatedly the "FoST" lost a " * " today as per viewtopic.php?p=477270#p477270 because weight is 3200 (not 2910 like we had previously.)

wheelhopper

So Jon, based on the FiST AX classing will the TT classing be TTE**?

getfast
So Jon, based on the FiST AX classing will the TT classing be TTE**?

Yes, as per viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55161

ILIKETODRIVE

What size tires do they come with stock? A 205/45R17 +7 tire would be doable as a wash if it's not too skinny lol. A 215/45R17 +2 tire would leave +2 for other fun stuff.

Or does it come with 18" wheels...

WScottCross

Stock tires are 205/40R17. I have a set of 215/35R18 BFG g-Force KDW2 that I was running on my 2011 Fiesta. Those were quite good on the older car. We'll see if they do as well with the extra power and handling of the ST. If not, I'll probably get a set of Direzza ZII in 225/45R16 for the 16" rims I have the winter tires on.