Honda Challenge Comeback?

ScottBell

Lookie there, 7 cars for Barber…

My TT/PT dyno re-class came back at exactly my H2 weight, so I'm ready to dip my toe into several classes. I know everyone has agreed to run H1, but how many of you are really H2 cars in disguise?

00integravtecgsr

HC is making a come back. We have several more H1 cars not signed up. Dave Isbel will be signing up in his H1 integra that is 99% complete.

There are several H2 cars. Shane I believe is the only H2 car that is signed up in H1 at Barber though.

If all HC cars were to register, we would have around 12-13 cars. I'm hoping we can eventually have every car show up at every event. It would be nice to have 10+ cars at every HC race.

If we could get 10 H1 and 5 H2 every event it would be a miracle. Here is the Southeast run down for you Scott.

H1 cars are:

1) Ron Rigdon

2) Rob Oxford

3) Brian Yorks

4) Kris Popovic

5) Dave Isbel

6) Paul Street

7) Steve Manley

8- Andrew Hicks - Comp school in March

9) Jim Gorman - cannot remember if he is H1 or H2....

10) David Lee

H2 cars are:

1) Shane Lovely

2) Karl Koooooondooooooor

3) John Reamer

4) Scott Bell

5) Michael Kelley

6)Iourie Gorine - cannot remember is he is truly H2 legal

Sorry if I left anyone out but this is the best I can remember. With have another one in Nashville, Mike Sylverster, but unsure if he has the car sorted or will be racing.

Edited by Guest
If we could get 10 H1 and 5 H2 every event it would be a miracle. Here is the Southeast run down for you Scott.

H1 cars are:

1) Ron Rigdon

2) Rob Oxford

3) Brian Yorks

4) Kris Popovic

5) Dave Isbel

6) Paul Street

7) Steve Manley

10) David Lee

H2 cars are:

1) Shane Lovely

3) John Reamer

4) Scott Bell

5) Michael Kelley

Sorry if I left anyone out but this is the best I can remember. With have another one in Nashville, Mike Sylverster, but unsure if he has the car sorted or will be racing.

Jim's Prelude is H1 & our H1 Integra (that I will be driving) should be done by May.

I'm going to put on my flame suit, but what I would really like to see is all those cars running their respective PT classes. I think there could be some really deep multiple marque fields if everyone got together. Yea, we loose the HPD and Toyo $, but I think that could be more than offset by Hoosier contingency.

Edit: I'm double dipping for east nationals. TTD for sure, but don't know if its going to be H2 or PTD for racing.

Mike, are there that many East Coast HC people? I can't see any West Coast people hauling that far for East Nationals with West Nationals 4-6 weeks (whatever it is) afterwards.

H1 cars are:

1) Ron Rigdon

2) Rob Oxford

3) Brian Yorks

4) Kris Popovic

5) Dave Isbel

6) Paul Street

7) Steve Manley

10) David Lee

H2 cars are:

1) Shane Lovely

3) John Reamer

4) Scott Bell

5) Michael Kelley

Hate to disappoint but Comp school for me in June instead of March. Running TT till then with my son using the car in HPDE. Once I am in HC we may need two cars , a bigger tow rig, a bigger trailer, more of this, more of that...........

Total noob here regarding HC in general, and the rules aren't exactly the most concise thing I've ever read. I've spoken with a few you of at previous events about starting in HC for the 2015 season, but at the time it was more of a curiosity. I currently track a '05 s2k which, if I'm reading things right, would fall in H2 Factory Prep @ 2900 lbs. I'm good with a Factory Prep class because it's cheaper, but do H2 Limited Prep, H2 Restricted Prep, and H2 Factory prep compete against each other? If so, are the variations between cars, prep levels, etc the equalizer that puts drivers on a (relatively) even playing field? I'm also somewhat hesitant to build a w2w car with the smaller depth of field and was wondering about how many people typically show at each race?

If anyone can point me towards some reading on the subject, I'm all ears.

Total noob here regarding HC in general, and the rules aren't exactly the most concise thing I've ever read. I've spoken with a few you of at previous events about starting in HC for the 2015 season, but at the time it was more of a curiosity. I currently track a '05 s2k which, if I'm reading things right, would fall in H2 Factory Prep @ 2900 lbs. I'm good with a Factory Prep class because it's cheaper, but do H2 Limited Prep, H2 Restricted Prep, and H2 Factory prep compete against each other? If so, are the variations between cars, prep levels, etc the equalizer that puts drivers on a (relatively) even playing field? I'm also somewhat hesitant to build a w2w car with the smaller depth of field and was wondering about how many people typically show at each race?

If anyone can point me towards some reading on the subject, I'm all ears.

-H2 cars race against other H2 cars regardless of prep

-Yes. These rules have been around a while. It is unlikely that you are going to be running up front in your first year of racing, so the best thing you can get is reliable track time. Factory prep is the way to go.

-Its a year to year thing. This year is starting off pretty well.