Darrel

Winter Clipper Videos

Darrel

Guys I was snowed in and could not attend, so let's have the videos. I need a race fix.

TowDawg

Man! What a great track! I hate that you couldn't make it.

Here's a great battle with Kevin for basically all of the Lightning race on Sat. Uploading Sun now.

Darrel

Great race Scott. Good traffic management and very respectable finishes both days. Can't wait to see Sundays.

little pissant

Here is some highlights from the weekend:

Saturday Results

Started: 1st

Finished: 3rd

Sunday Results

Started: 1st

Finished: 1st

(I will post the full races later on when I get some free time, thought a highlight video would showcase most of the weekend)

toyz

hell of a drive Brandon, wish I was fast enough to be up there with you guys,,,,,,,,maybe next time?????

Edited by Guest

TowDawg

Here's Sunday's race. I pulled away from the field with the front pack, but started having some kind of issue coming out of the hairpin and the car would stumble before regaining power. The lead pack left me and the rest of the pack was way behind me, so I basically ended up racing myself and lap traffic.

Still managed to finish 6th and had a little fun using lap traffic to keep Kevin from getting by me at the end.

phat ralph

Short race for me on Saturday!

Special thanks goes out the Randy and Henry from TRV for helping me get the rearend housing, axle, and starter changed out so I could race on Sunday! Much Appreciated!!!!

Will post Sunday's race this evening.

This was a EXCELLENT event! Thanks to all for putting it on! Can't wait to return......

Fast4Tater

Sunday's Blitz Race from the 944Spec group. I think I have most everyone in the video passing me.

sperkins

A little Time Trial action.

Class TT3

JohnPutnam

Couple of videos from Sunday's Lightning race from the back of the pack (PTF). I cut out the beginning because I royally screwed that up & also a middle portion as I used some not-nice language when another car got in between me & the blue RX7 in the battle for 1st.

sonny

Here's

with a Bird's-Eye view of Schram #26 taking out Nolan #3 going into T1 at the start of the race. Then on lap 2, you can see Molloy #80 getting taken out in the Hairpin by Adams #86.

I started 6th but almost the entire field of 16 cars passed me while I tried to avoid the carnage in T1 at the start. Rejoined the fray in 14th place & worked my way up to 7th at the finish.

Edited by Guest

Jason S.

944 Spec track record video

My front facing camera wasn't working on Sunday for some reason so all the video I got was rear facing.

brkntrxn

Class TT3

Here is the view from one car back:

phat ralph

Sunday Lightning Race

sperkins
Sunday Lightning Race

Who's in the #34 TR?

sonny
. Extremely hard fought race between M. Brooks #4, Nolan #3 & I. There wasn't a second in the race where we weren't battling one another. I started in 5th & finished 3rd. Edited by Guest

sonny
Who's in the #34 TR?

That would be Daugherty.

phat ralph
Extremely hard fought race between M. Brooks #4, Nolan #3 & I. There wasn't a second in the race where we weren't battling one another.

What a BLAST! That is some hard clean racing......

travis77

anyone in Lightning group have video of the Thunder Roadster cutting over and clipping me and sending me into the armco?

kbrew8991
anyone in Lightning group have video of the Thunder Roadster cutting over and clipping me and sending me into the armco?

I hope the damage isn't too bad! Think you can still make MSRC?

sonny
Sunday Lightning Race

That was a great race! Too bad you don't have rear-facing video to show how hard you were driving to stay ahead of me. I was nipping at your heels practically the entire time until you made a mistake & I was able to get through.

travis77

nope frame is bent. not sure if its repairable or not.. I know the accident was avoidable.. not smart driving on the thunder roadster...

JohnPutnam

nope frame is bent. not sure if its repairable or not.. I know the accident was avoidable.. not smart driving on the thunder roadster...

I just sent you the link to the video. It was also sent to Shawn, Mike, & Jim.

retlaw

Class TT3

your comment about cars getting out of the way … spot on … but my question…

you're in a fast car, I'm in a very slow car, still trying to compete in my class, get the fastest lap I can … am I supposed to just get out of your way when you start catching us TTF/TTE cars towards the end of the session ?

I guess the question is, who's "hot" lap is more important ?

I'm not asking this in a snarky way, it's a serious question … it takes me most of the allotted time to work up to my best pace … so my best laps tend to be towards the end of each session

brkntrxn

Class TT3

your comment about cars getting out of the way … spot on … but my question…

you're in a fast car, I'm in a very slow car, still trying to compete in my class, get the fastest lap I can … am I supposed to just get out of your way when you start catching us TTF/TTE cars towards the end of the session ?

I guess the question is, who's "hot" lap is more important ?

I'm not asking this in a snarky way, it's a serious question … it takes me most of the allotted time to work up to my best pace … so my best laps tend to be towards the end of each session

Walter,

Very valid question. My comments were not directed towards any of the TTF or TTE drivers. I rarely have any issues with you guys, if ever. But it seems like EVERY event in Time Trials those of us in the upper end of the field get caught up by a front runner that runs one hot lap and then backs off and gets in the way.

If you watch Scott, he timed it perfectly. He ran hard until a good area to pull over, then tucked back in behind me and got back up to speed to stay out of the way. It was a great example of what a front running time trial car SHOULD do out of respect of everyone else. Your cool off lap doesn't have to be 5/10s, they can drive around the paddock three times and accomplish the same cool off.