Darrel

Winter Clipper Videos

TowDawg
......(I personally want to be raced hard, rubbed and bumped. Racing, that's what I'm here for)......

I think I understand the context of your statement, but I have an expensive plastic car. Statements like that make me want to stay in ST2 where there is less desire by everyone for any contact at all. I saw/heard more contact in Saturday's Lightning race than in all of my Thunder races combined. I myself touched Sonny's TR and that was my first contact ever outside of a Nationals race.

I would say there's a little more rubbing and brushing contact in Lightning for a couple of reasons.

1. The cars are generally momentum cars and tight passes in corners are kind-of what you have to do.

2. The cars are generally much cheaper to buy, maintain and fix, so LIGHT contact isn't as worried about as in other classes.

sperkins

He was gridding last for each session and hung way back on the out lap to make sure that he got in a clean lap. Hence the reason he was caught quickly by the leaders.

Wow, that's some inconsiderate..................

I vote to have his times DQ'd, or lap record voided, or something. He was a nice guy but that is bull crap!!!!!!! Ruins the whole system. And Barber is not a track for those kind of Shenanigans!!!! He did it on Saturday too!

And he set his best lap in session 4, the same one I did, getting in the way of myself, Reese, Scott kevin and who knows who else. On purpose. Sunday morning is one of the golden sessions too, the only morning session on Sunday.

I agree 100%. There's no way Jeff England would have put up with that.

Lucid Moments

I will not speak for Jeff but I don't think he was the TT director for this event. This event was a Mid-South event so whoever their TT director is should have been responsible.

kbrew8991

That's the topic where one of the Taylors says that he was. Shrug. Don't want to pin blame on someone who wasn't in charge though, so maybe things did change after the fact.

retlaw

He was gridding last for each session and hung way back on the out lap to make sure that he got in a clean lap. Hence the reason he was caught quickly by the leaders.

I vote to have his times DQ'd, or lap record voided, or something. He was a nice guy but that is bull crap!!!!!!! Ruins the whole system. And Barber is not a track for those kind of Shenanigans!!!! He did it on Saturday too!

And he set his best lap in session 4, the same one I did, getting in the way of myself, Reese, Scott kevin and who knows who else. On purpose. Sunday morning is one of the golden sessions too, the only morning session on Sunday.

WOW … seems I started a s**t storm … wasn't my intention .. was really looking for ways to stay out of the faster cars way, while still trying for my best possible lap

most of my laps are at CMP … and I can be right on the bumper of the car in front of me going in to T11, and by the time we hit the front straight I'm almost a half a straight behind … I have no problem what-so-ever getting open track … but I still get caught by the 4th- 5th lap by some of the really fast cars that are tuning multiple laps

heavychevy

Jeff was not there, but I don't blame the TT director because nobody reported the culprit. I think the staff did a great job staying on top of things this weekend. One situation in particular was just downright disgusting and plain cheating. They were on top of it from the start and rectified the situation immediately when it was brought to their attention what was going on.

But I do hope they do something about this competitor, or the guy is going to continue ruining people's already short window to get good laps in.

sperkins
One situation in particular was just downright disgusting and plain cheating. They were on top of it from the start and rectified the situation immediately when it was brought to their attention what was going on.

In the TT group?

PM me the details.....

kbrew8991
but I don't blame the TT director because nobody reported the culprit.

BT,DT - shoe on the other foot though. None of us (dirs, drivers, or when we're doing both) are omnipotent.

brkntrxn

I would say there's a little more rubbing and brushing contact in Lightning for a couple of reasons.

1. The cars are generally momentum cars and tight passes in corners are kind-of what you have to do.

2. The cars are generally much cheaper to buy, maintain and fix, so LIGHT contact isn't as worried about as in other classes.

And that makes it ok to you? And people wonder why the Lightning Group is frowned upon by those of us with expensive cars.

One of my buddy's has a couple thousand dollars worth of repairs to do to his Corvette after this weekend from this type of mentality. Not good, not good at all.

-Kevin

brkntrxn

Now back to the original intent of this thread: videos.

Saturday's ST3 Race in Lightning

Yv38DX5qw7k

TowDawg

And that makes it ok to you? And people wonder why the Lightning Group is frowned upon by those of us with expensive cars.

One of my buddy's has a couple thousand dollars worth of repairs to do to his Corvette after this weekend from this type of mentality. Not good, not good at all.

-Kevin

That's just pretty much the way it is. Look at most of the "spec" classes anywhere and there are rubs on them (from Lemons, to NASA, to Le mans). Again, I'm not talking about impact, I'm talking about light side-to-side rubbing. Hell, a lot of the cars in spec classes are bump drafting down the straights. When you're fighting for that last .001 in a spec series, there is tight racing. And yes, this happens in the Thunder group as well. Just walk through the pits and look at a lot of the CMC/AI cars. A lot W2W race cars are generally going to have some rub/scuff marks on them somewhere. Again, I am talking about occasionally rubbing in a corner, not any type of impact or banging into everyone every time you go through a corner.

I do agree that the super-tight racing should be left to "in class" races, but sometimes when multiple cars from multiple classes are all fighting for position in their respective classes, one can't yield to another without losing position within their own class.

Would I ever put one of my expensive cars on the track in a spec series w2w race? Heck no. That's why I've got the TR.

btw...You were burning it up pretty good out there this weekend, and I made sure to let you and whichever GT Roadster you battling by without making it be a close pass. Hell, I even backed off a second to let the black one behond you through on Sat because you guys were racing for 1st and I was racing for 5th.

Fred Crawford

That's just pretty much the way it is. Look at most of the "spec" classes anywhere and there are rubs on them (from Lemons, to NASA, to Le mans). Again, I'm not talking about impact, I'm talking about light side-to-side rubbing. Hell, a lot of the cars in spec classes are bump drafting down the straights. When you're fighting for that last .001 in a spec series, there is tight racing. And yes, this happens in the Thunder group as well. Just walk through the pits and look at a lot of the CMC/AI cars. A lot W2W race cars are generally going to have some rub/scuff marks on them somewhere. Again, I am talking about occasionally rubbing in a corner, not any type of impact or banging into everyone every time you go through a corner.

I thought that the" above mentioned" was banned by Pantas this past year. Spec class or not. Has things changed this year?

deere

bob-e
Now back to the original intent of this thread: videos.

Saturday's ST3 Race in Lightning

Yv38DX5qw7k

great race! more traffic than atlanta with 1 inch of snow

toyz
Jeff,

Let's get a few facts straight.

#1- the incident you refer to years ago with Drew was nothing like the incident this past weekend. It was at the green flag, in close quarters with a lot of jockeying for position going on. Not a dive bomb out of nowhere like Saturday.

#2- not once did I hear an apology from Brandon--it wasn't until after Jim showed him the video that he even took any responsibility for the incident.

#3- I was upset and overreacted--I put a lot of time, money and effort to get the car ready,take off work, drive down to be taken out in the second lap. I apologize for losing my cool and vow to not let that happen again.

#4- I also enjoy close , hard racing as Will Miller and Scott Lanford can attest to--but it should be clean and smart--low percentage moves have no place in this venue

#5-I had a mechanical on Sunday--and like Scott said, may or may not have been related to Saturdays hit. Please don't imply that it was anything other unless you have the facts.

Mike

I realize that was your view of the RA crash, my point was a lot of people were saying pretty much the same things about you that you were saying about Brandon.

I can not speak for what was going to next out of his mouth but I know what we talked about before he went to find you and that when he got there as soon as you realized who he was you started cussing, I was about 20 feet away.

I wasn't implying you crashed out, just implying you didn't have help getting off track, I know if I let mechanical issues make a bad race weekend I would have done shot myself, I figure you get to go to a race, see a race, hang out with cool people, beats the hell out of working.

my point is that a little understanding would have went a long way for both parties, your car would have been fixed for free, you would have gained the respect of at least two people, and had the opportunity to explain why it should not have happened.

sometimes the difference between 0 & hero is less than an inch and its easy to look back on a move and see it was a low percentage move.

we all have about the same experience's trying to get to the track and I don't think mine are more important then yours.

and I agree with you guys about close racing, that's one of the reasons I got a TR and the fact that the TR clan seemed to be tight, some guys think that the turns at a road race are just connections to the drag strips, when your car is practically just like your competitors you can not depend on big power to fix not getting through the corner. glass car may be more suited for TT???

and for whomever, I didn't say I was going to bump and rub every car I'm around, I try never to touch another car, but if you want to race with me that way bring it, I love it.

Edited by Guest

mhoward1

I do agree that the super-tight racing should be left to "in class" races, but sometimes when multiple cars from multiple classes are all fighting for position in their respective classes, one can't yield to another without losing position within their own class.

Not all spec classes are that way. Spec Miata sort of started that mentality and it's carried over to other less expensive series. I am not sure why that is because a repair is a repair. Yet in FFR we can have 10-15 cars running with no in class impact most times. A few of us have been hit by other classes though, including AI and TRs. Luckily for me it's never been more than tire marks.

Varkwso

I have and will continue to DQ for that.

Varkwso

I was knocked out by the ice storm as mentioned. Also as mentioned, no one is omnipotent (I am close though) and you cannot see everything. A front running SM car will not be TTE legal. Sorry I missed it. Love the track and Mid South crew.

brkntrxn

btw...You were burning it up pretty good out there this weekend, and I made sure to let you and whichever GT Roadster you battling by without making it be a close pass. Hell, I even backed off a second to let the black one behond you through on Sat because you guys were racing for 1st and I was racing for 5th.

Much appreciated.

brkntrxn

Some people are really showing their colors in this discussion. I love it.... and I am writing down car numbers to memorize.

brkntrxn

great race! more traffic than atlanta with 1 inch of snow

Thanks, Bob.

brkntrxn

Sunday's ST3 Race in Lightning:

_QqZhFSIoUc

Edited by Guest

Brian E.

My camera was mounted too low so I have hours of video of my dashboard.

Varkwso
Some people are really showing their colors in this discussion. I love it.... and I am writing down car numbers to memorize.

I had your number a long time ago....