TT at Nationals (2 days only)

heavychevy

I can deal with 2 days of TT (still would prefer 3, though I can understand the reasons Greg mentioned). BUT, Please, Please, Please try to this year consider that many people supersize PT and TT when creating the session schedule. Last year was terrible - PT qualifying sessions and TTB-F events were often back-to-back, and there were very few TT sessions I could make. This will be especially important this year with just two days, particularly so if one of the days has poor weather.

• National Staff
I can deal with 2 days of TT (still would prefer 3, though I can understand the reasons Greg mentioned). BUT, Please, Please, Please try to this year consider that many people supersize PT and TT when creating the session schedule. Last year was terrible - PT qualifying sessions and TTB-F events were often back-to-back, and there were very few TT sessions I could make. This will be especially important this year with just two days, particularly so if one of the days has poor weather.

You might want to take another look at the schedule from last year. The minimum amount of time between the end of Group C/G and the beginning of the other was an hour and five minutes (exception was warm-up of the PT group after a TT session which doesn't matter). The other sessions had 75 to 100 minutes from the end of one to the beginning of the other. In looking at the schedule, I can't see why you couldn't make every single TT session and every PT competition session if you were only running PT and TT. You might have to miss one or two PT morning warmups due to TT impound, but those two groups are about as far separated as any other two.

You might want to take another look at the schedule from last year. The minimum amount of time between the end of Group C/G and the beginning of the other was an hour and five minutes (exception was warm-up of the PT group after a TT session which doesn't matter). The other sessions had 75 to 100 minutes from the end of one to the beginning of the other. In looking at the schedule, I can't see why you couldn't make every single TT session and every PT competition session if you were only running PT and TT. You might have to miss one or two PT morning warmups due to TT impound, but those two groups are about as far separated as any other two.

Just checked last years schedule and I stand corrected - for some reason I thought it was TT and PT qualifying sessions that were back to back, but it was the PT warmup session. It's no big deal skipping the warmup, as long as PT qualifying grid isn't set by warmup times!

• 1 month later...
you only paid $700ish if you waited until September to sign up. It's always been discounted alot lower if you can commit well in advance.

TT is as little as $399! See http://www.nasaproracing.com/nationals/Regs_East_Champs2014.pdf

That's one heck of a price. But you have to sign up by April 30th to get the $399.... go go go! There's still a few hours left in the day.

$400 sweet!

are we running TTB>TTF in one group and TT3+ seperate again?

if the group is big enough there isn't any reason to cram them all together.

So far the group isn't big enough to split up in my opinion.

I know that I personally decided NOT to supersize to TT this year specifically BECAUSE it is only offered for two days. Supersize price is same as in past, yet half the days of competition, and there's no 'day off' from racing to focus on TT due to the compressed schedule format. I just can't justify fitting it in - would be too busy. Judging from the enormous number of race entrants vs minimal TT entrants, I think perhaps I'm not the only person to arrive at this decision...??

Edited by Guest

The cheaper is better factor could be a hinderance. It needs to look AND feel like a nationals event. 2 days at pretty much normal pricing is just like any other event. At least some TT guys will value the experience and track time over a couple hundred bucks. 3 comp days with one practice day should be a minimum. Imo

And apparently cheap too. But it still costs less to have paid already and cancel later than waiting to pay.