Best exhaust set up?

esr

• 1 month later...

From my research there are almost as many opinions out there as exhaust systems. The consensus is that a single pipe system will make the most power with a stock engine. The cat back systems don't add much horsepower (generally under 10) so honestly weight of the system can be more of a factor than expected HP gains. Getting the cat out the of the picture is probably the biggest factor in increasing HP.

There are some pretty good posts out on the Z forums that can give you some ideas.

Thanks,

Do you know who makes a good quality single? Most of what I found is doble.

Thanks

quote="TXOL"]From my research there are almost as many opinions out there as exhaust systems. The consensus is that a single pipe system will make the most power with a stock engine. The cat back systems don't add much horsepower (generally under 10) so honestly weight of the system can be more of a factor than expected HP gains. Getting the cat out the of the picture is probably the biggest factor in increasing HP.

There are some pretty good posts out on the Z forums that can give you some ideas.

Along the lines of OP's question, is it worth dropping the exhaust heat shielding?

According to Rule 12.4 "c) Stock exhaust heat shielding may be removed."

Edited by Guest

If you are talking about the manifolds, I put mine back because I got no reply about it.

But I was also wondering of any other around the transmission if there was one. I can't remember.

What exhaust do you have? It's it a single and who makes it?

Along the lines of OP's question, is it worth dropping the exhaust heat shielding?

Still stock right now, but I may just go with test pipes into NISMO cat-back setup, but I'm curious to hear what other members run.

Using a single pipe from the y-pipe back gives you room for the diff cooler that I highly recommend...and is lighter and will likely make a little more power than the stock setup.