Who was that masked Miata driver @ Infinion??

Shawn M.

• Members

This is the only clue I have about this car/driver.

_IGP2788.JPG

Im in the Scirocco, he in the Miata. This pic was taken in turn 9 after the checker flag flew. He and I drove virtually nose to tail, passing each other back and forth and we basically had an extremely fun run group together, my favorite of the weekend! He drove me clean, and gave me room when I needed it. It was just a real pleasure and honor to be on the track with. I think it was on the 2nd run group on sunday. He also had a passenger in the car.

Anyways, I went looking for the car after the run group to shake his hand and thank him for his on-track driving but I never found him.

Holla!

Yo Shawn!

If it was number 101, then it was Mario... but I think he was driving the S2000 the second session on Sunday.

NorCal TT guys are definitely cool, thanks fellas for letting us crash your track day!

Shawn,

It's Dan in the NX2000. I'm not sure, but it could have been a "SHE". Eileen Thomas ran a 2:05 I think. Good to meet you by the way, man.

Note: Special thanks to Pat L. for rescuing us! What a gentleman. Post to come soon.

Shawn,

It was probably Dr. Brown in the white Miata #64. He also races in the Spec Miata Class. I belive he ran 2:02.841 in the second session Sunday.

Hope that solves the mystery.

John

• Members
Shawn,

It's Dan in the NX2000. I'm not sure, but it could have been a "SHE". Eileen Thomas ran a 2:05 I think. Good to meet you by the way, man.

Note: Special thanks to Pat L. for rescuing us! What a gentleman. Post to come soon.

Ive been kicking it around, it could have indeed been her or like the Candyman says, could have been the good Dr. (Thanks John!) Sorry I didnt get to meet him/her. Whomever it was, thanks so much for a great on track experience.

I saw that you got ALOT faster on sunday!! Im hoping it was my -cough-, encouraging chat I had with you that got you faster? Either way, glad to see you pick up the pace! Good job man! Good to meet you and see you at the next event!

Shawn,

Ive been kicking it around, it could have indeed been her or like the Candyman says, could have been the good Dr. (Thanks John!) Sorry I didnt get to meet him/her. Whomever it was, thanks so much for a great on track experience.

I saw that you got ALOT faster on sunday!! Im hoping it was my -cough-, encouraging chat I had with you that got you faster? Either way, glad to see you pick up the pace! Good job man! Good to meet you and see you at the next event!

Ha, thanks. Yeah, it was your suggestion to use "The Force" that got us through. Actually, it was just picking up the pace a bit, braking a bit better, letting faster cars pass more slowly without breathing the throttle. Both driver and car need more sorting though...there are many seconds left to shave, even on our glorious STREET tires.

• Members
Shawn,

It was probably Dr. Brown in the white Miata #64. He also races in the Spec Miata Class. I belive he ran 2:02.841 in the second session Sunday.

Hope that solves the mystery.

John

You were right, it was the good DR! I finally got around to checking my video and there he was.