jnybbad

HPDE event this weekend

jnybbad

This will be my first HPDE track event in a car. Ive been to the track 100's of times over the years on my race bike, which I could push to tech. My question is if the track rules state, no loud engines prior to 8, how do I get my race car to tech? It is muffled and will pass the 101 DB on track sound but is louder at idle than a stock car exhaust. Does this constitute a loud engine? Or are they just refering to open exhaust and similar?

getfast

Hi. Which track and region?

Generally, morning noise is only a problem in some places if you are revving or otherwise using the right pedal unnecessarily... idling may not count. But there could be track policies elsewhere that I'm not aware of.

I guess... worst case, get some help and push the car just like you would with a bike

jnybbad

NorCal Sonoma "Sears Point" raceway. I have a call into them and NorCal NASA but have not heard back from either.

getfast

Moving this thread to norcal subforum, hope it helps!

Calif_Kid

I think you'll be fine idling and driving around before 8am. The race group often has their practice at 8am, so they would have started and warmed up their engines before 8am, but you just wouldn't want to be rev'ing it up and making a lot of noise at say 6:30am.

However, I wanted to mention that a few years ago, I was just idling my car (Honda Civic race car) to warm it up at say 7:20am, and a paddock marshall stopped and mentioned that no loud engines before 8am, but that mine was quiet enough to be OK. Bottom line is that the racers often go out at 8am, and many cars will be idling or moving around the padock before 8am, so I think you will be fine. - Jim