miata hyperdrive

babdriver

Hello. I am a hpde3 driver, had a 2012 v6 mustang. I knew that wasn't the direction I wanted to stay headed and now have a 2000 Miata. I wont have it ready for Hpde by early april but wondered if getting it on track with Hperdrive would be doable without aftermarket roll bar? It would be summer before I would get around to having the car completely hpde ready. I hope I can do hyperdrive and get my motivation going for summertime. Anybody know if the car would be allowed to do that.

convertible? I have a hard top but The way I take it that doesn't matter, atleast for hpde. Just thought hyperdrive may be different.

^ there is an additional list of "convertibles that are ok for HPDE with factory rollover protection" as per our sanctioning & insurance, it is kept by the national office & regional directors. No version of MX-5/Miata has ever been on it, and Hyperdrive = HPDE1 as far as I know. The tracks we enjoy may also have additional rules, and instructors always have the right to refuse if they aren't comfortable...

the add on hardtops for Miatas don't provide enough rollover protection, it still needs the added rollbar.

Rent a sporty-ish car from ____ and do a Hyperdrive if you want