Dyno results at RA Pot-o-Gold questions?

RJ's325ITS

RJ's325ITS

So I've heard that a lot of people got their feelings hurt with their dyno results! something alone the lines of dynoing 20whp to 30whp less than expected.

Can any one elaborate on this please.

Did any one of you saw a big discrepancy on your dyno results?

BTW, any one knows the name of the company that operates said dyno? or where they are located? I would like to try to dyno my car with them (I want to make sure I'm compliant to my series rules).

thanks in advanced!!!

Interesting, considering we had some guys dyno within .5hp of class limits.

If it was reading that low, then I need to add some power to my car to keep up!

Firebird Man

We made 4 pulls and never got any data at all. Not a very good system IMO.

It would shut itself off when I nailed it, probably to save itself from all that Pontiac Tq.

I'd go find someone with a better unit or an inground system.

DriverGT5

From what I heard we may not have the same dyno back again. I think a lot of people had issues with errant readings among other things. I wouldn't run out to dyno tune the car with them if you expect that same dyno to be at the rest of the events.

DriverGT5
We made 4 pulls and never got any data at all. Not a very good system IMO.

It would shut itself off when I nailed it, probably to save itself from all that Pontiac Tq.

I'd go find someone with a better unit or an inground system.

What wires are you running? I have heard people running high dollar racing wires can have problems because they cut so much noise out the dyno can't pick up RPMS.

Firebird Man

We thought about the wires and MSD system, so after 2 runs we switched wires, after 3 runs we took the lead off the plug wires, he said we should still have got HP straight off the drum with the plug lead off, but nothing. Engine was too hot after that to try any more ideas.

Might have been the flux capacitor causing it?

But I've run it on several in ground dyno's without issues.

So I've heard that a lot of people got their feelings hurt with their dyno results! something alone the lines of dynoing 20whp to 30whp less than expected.

Can any one elaborate on this please.

Did any one of you saw a big discrepancy on your dyno results?

BTW, any one knows the name of the company that operates said dyno? or where they are located? I would like to try to dyno my car with them (I want to make sure I'm compliant to my series rules).

thanks in advanced!!!

Pretty sure my dyno was low- we dynoed 5 944-Spec cars, all except mine were from 128-138 hp.

My 2 runs were at 94.1 and 105.5 hp.

I was hanging with the other spec cars fine in the straights so I can't imagine my runs were accurate.

RJ's325ITS
Begs the question if anyone was DQ'd for their dyno result.....

So I’m proactively trying to prevent that from happening to me!

The place that I dyno tune my car for the last 2 years was reading about 8whp higher than the NASA approved dyno, it took me a few tries to find the delta and compensating for it!

Sterling Doc

Pretty sure my dyno was low- we dynoed 5 944-Spec cars, all except mine were from 128-138 hp.

My 2 runs were at 94.1 and 105.5 hp.

I was hanging with the other spec cars fine in the straights so I can't imagine my runs were accurate.

128-138 is exacty the normal range for tired vs. top-tier Spec motors, so that seem OK, but at your numbers are highly suspect - it would have to be running obviously poorly, and you'd get stuck 1/2 up the T1 hill at Road Atlanta...

I dyno'ed 371 back to back on a stock C5 Z06. I thought it was a tiny bit high?

Sounds right for an 03-04 Z06. My car was just under that stock and I know of one other that was just higher than that when stock (stock with a K&N for both).

I dyno'ed 371 back to back on a stock C5 Z06. I thought it was a tiny bit high?

Sounds right for an 03-04 Z06. My car was just under that stock and I know of one other that was just higher than that when stock (stock with a K&N for both).

Make that 3. I think I started out just under that and ended up at 381 with a tune. (stock with a K&N).

• Members

The ThunderChicken was a little low (115 vs 119) but the FireEngine was just what we thought it should be (132).

We are looking into other options for a dyno, Will Baumeister is researching buying one or building one - so stay tuned...

Make that 3. I think I started out just under that and ended up at 381 with a tune. (stock with a K&N).

Need to put that thing in a museum.

Red Tornado

Differences in dynojet numbers do occur but it is almost always based on roller size of that dynojet specifically.

At car shows when they want max numbers they use smaller. We just had that at the Trans am event. Everyone was 5-8 percent high.

My sealed boss motor has never made less than 396 rwhp or more than 407 based on many years of nationals events etc. at Sebring on the smaller dyno jet roller model it made 430rwhp.

That's why top speed readings at the end of the longest straight is a good benchmark double check.

Help put the word out. I'd love to hear from the NCM.

Help put the word out. I'd love to hear from the NCM.

I hear they have a lot more room now since they've added a new basement.

• Members

7 SpecE30's dynoed at RA. Two of those cars had also dynoed at Balanced Performance in Atlanta 2 months prior.

5 cars "seemed" to be ~5hp low. Mine included.

1 car got 5hp less at RA vs. Balanced Performance. As a result we were thinking this was pretty conclusive that the RA dyno was 5hp low.

Then the last car got 2-3hp higher at RA then BP and that kind of blew out our simple theory.

Interesting... The inconsistency is not confidence inspiring :/

NE guy here keeping an eye on this since we will be down for Nationals...

• Members

I doubt very seriously that the guy we had at this event will be who we have at the National event...

Ed

I doubt very seriously that the guy we had at this event will be who we have at the National event...

Ed

ditto. wouldn't nationals have to use a dynojet since that's what the rules state? also if everyone dynes 5whp high, you think they will dq a whole field?