Two NASA events this month!

Ivan Orisek

We request that competitors recognize how difficult it is for organizers to plan and budget for events when competitors send their entries a few days before the event or just show up at the event.

Toward that end, please register in a timely manner for the two NASA events this month:

Rally New York Rallysprints, Saturday, August 27, 2005

http://www.RallyNewYork.com

A full day of rallying for just $250 entry fee. Testing/practice/shakedown in the morning, Rallysprint competition in the afternoon with 6 stages and 27 stage miles. Come and test your car before the following week event. Cyril Kearney Construction Company will be working on the stage road the weekend before the Rallysprint as the last phase of the improvement of the Mortimer Schiff stage.

Rally Tennessee, Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4, 2005

http://www.rallytennessee.com

A round of the Eastern States Rally Championship. This is an all-tarmac event with 107 stage miles over 12 stages with spectacular opportunities for spectator viewing. This may be the very first all-tarmac rally ever run in the United States with the exception of a smaller event by the same organizer a few years ago.

Thank you,

Ivan Orisek

We request that competitors recognize how difficult it is for organizers to plan and budget for events when competitors send their entries a few days before the event or just show up at the event.
I can imagine that there could be quite a large pit in one's stomach if there were 15 "missing" entries a week before the event.

Send 'em in, everybody!

Anders

Ivan,

For the rallysprints...do cars need to follow the NASA rally sport ID rules (e.g. plain white number backers, no competiting body decals, etc.)?

The photos I have seen of previous events suggests to me the RA permanent ID package on my car right now would be accepted.

Walter,

Ivan,

For the rallysprints...do cars need to follow the NASA rally sport ID rules (e.g. plain white number backers, no competiting body decals, etc.)?

Yes, absolutely. For advertising and publicity purposes including photos in the press, cars entering all our events must comply with the requirements for signage. This means that no signage of sanctioning bodies other than USAC and NASA may be visible on the car. Cars have to be presented at the tech in that way. The cars that do not comply with these requirements will not pass tech.

I think that we need to clarify this matter once for all: There is no sanctioning body in the world that would in its right mind allow advertising of other sanctioning bodies at its events. Doing so would be foolish. And, I doubt that a car outfitted in a full USAC and NASA Rally Sport regalia would be allowed to run that way at an event of another sanctioning body.

The photos I have seen of previous events suggests to me the RA permanent ID package on my car right now would be accepted.

If you saw any photos of cars with RA signage at our events, it happened strictly by oversight on the part of our scrutineers who are very busy and the signage on the car is the last thing on their mind. I know that it has happened but it is wrong and it is not acceptable.

For an axample of a well prepared car in that regard, look on our website at the pictures of John Buffum's car, driven by Seamus Burke at Rally New York this past April.

Finally, our signage including door number panels and start numbers is the simplest and for the competitor the cheapest way to outfit a car for an event - the cost to the competitor is the cost of two pieces of plain white vinyl for the door number panels. We provide the rest of the signage for free. Other sanctioning bodies may have other ideas that are not necessarily consistent with the way these things are done in the world of rallying. If you spent money on a season signage package with other snactioning body, that package will not be acceptable at our events and should not be considered a standard. Of course you have an easy way of dealing with this: You can cover our signage with a tape (I suggest the car body color tape and not for instance a black tape on a white car that would for sure not pass the tech) at events of other sanctioning bodies and vice versa. For this purpose, scrutineers of various sanctioning bodies have tapes of various colors ready for use at the last moment - ours usually do.

With best regards,

Ivan Orisek

International Rally New York

Rally New York USA

Rally New York Rallysprints

Rally New York Rallycross Series

Walter,

I don't wonna see it - it is awful!

There is a name of a sanctioning body on the car door that went thaaat way, does not exists anymore, it is defunct, caput!

(The driver brought an older car he had not run for a while and the

signage on it was overlooked at scrutineering. Anyway, it is a nice picture.)

IO