pics or pointers of a honda challenge cage for a integra dc

robpkz

thanks nice pics, had 2 questions, so why not weld a bar in the back instead of the strut bar and the X in the halo is HC legal, thanks for the pointers

It looks like section 4.9 of http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf has the current Honda Challenge rules for the roll cage. One comment - the Honda Challenge rules allow for two braces per side to pass thru the firewall to the front shock/strut towers, so you probably should do that if the car is definitely destined to run Honda Challenge. If the car was only to be driven in PT or TT (and not Honda Challenge), then you might not want to run the bars thru the firewall as they may cost you points. - Jim

My cage was originally designed/built for PT. This is why I did not have the front strut towers tied in with the cage.

I removed that bolt-in strut bar and have nothing back there. The car is driven to/from so I need room for wheels/tires and spares.