More ST classes and get rid of PT completely?

00integravtecgsr

I think a Teg would get to drop down 1.5 or 1.8 (if not using a "big block" 1.9+L B or K series) on the the lb/hp scale (small engine, fwd, small tires, assuming weight btw 2200 and 2600), so convert to E85, 15:1 compression, mega heads and cam and rev like a rockstar for 7.8:1.

2450 minimum weight

265 WHP dynojet

2.4L Engine

NON-DOT 235 tire

Non-OEM Aero

FWD

That puts me at 10.345:1

Which leaves me 1.345 to play with. Either add HP or loose weight.

2450 minimum weight

265 WHP dynojet

2.4L Engine

NON-DOT 235 tire

Non-OEM Aero

FWD

No it doesn't. Non-OEM aero means your ST3 limit is 9.4. So all you have to make up, to be at the hp:wt limit, is .945.

2450 minimum weight

265 WHP dynojet

2.4L Engine

NON-DOT 235 tire

Non-OEM Aero

FWD

No it doesn't. Non-OEM aero means your ST3 limit is 9.4. So all you have to make up, to be at the hp:wt limit, is .945.

How so? Doesn't the calculator work by going down the list and checking off what applies to your car and then at the end if tells your where you are at.

This is why I always scratch my head when you guys want to work backwards (adj->raw instead of raw->adj) and/or treat the ST3 aero hit differently than any of the other hits or credits. Going raw->adj and comparing to the limit seems less error prone. Same for sticking to ST3 limit of 9.00 and just making sure you remember to account for the aero or not when adding up the rest of the adjustments.

2450/265 = Raw 9.245

-0.20 for weight

-0.40 for ST3 aero

+1.00 for front wheel drive (that's HUGE)

-0.70 for true slicks (R6/A6 don't count for this btw, we're talking R100s or Pirellis or something)

+0.70 for "narrow" tires

net of those adjustments is +0.40

= 9.645 adjusted (how'd you get 10.345 - are you actually on dot-Rs?)

285whp is bleeeeeedddding edge legal (sneaks by due to rounding - don't cut it that close!) - raw is 8.596, same adj - 8.996 rounds to 9.00 at the limit but not under. 310whp if you're on dot-Rs. 310whp and 2450lbs sounds pretty dang fun...

2279lbs if you want to go that route, 8.600 raw same adj -> 9.000 adjusted right at the limit. 2120lbs if you use dot-Rs, also note weight factor changes as you drop into a new bracket with a slightly bigger hit of -0.3

Or some combination thereof of course.

This is why I always scratch my head when you guys want to work backwards (adj->raw instead of raw->adj) and/or treat the ST3 aero hit differently than any of the other hits or credits. Going raw->adj and comparing to the limit seems less error prone. Same for sticking to ST3 limit of 9.00 and just making sure you remember to account for the aero or not when adding up the rest of the adjustments.

2450/265 = Raw 9.245

-0.20 for weight

-0.40 for ST3 aero

+1.00 for front wheel drive (that's HUGE)

-0.70 for true slicks (R6/A6 don't count for this btw, we're talking R100s or Pirellis or something)

+0.70 for "narrow" tires

net of those adjustments is +0.40

= 9.645 adjusted (how'd you get 10.345 - are you actually on dot-Rs?)

285whp is bleeeeeedddding edge legal (sneaks by due to rounding - don't cut it that close!) - raw is 8.596, same adj - 8.996 rounds to 9.00 at the limit but not under. 310whp if you're on dot-Rs. 310whp and 2450lbs sounds pretty dang fun...

2279lbs if you want to go that route, 8.600 raw same adj -> 9.000 adjusted right at the limit. 2120lbs if you use dot-Rs, also note weight factor changes as you drop into a new bracket with a slightly bigger hit of -0.3

Or some combination thereof of course.

I'm on 235/40-17 Toyo RR's

which are DOT construction, thus, don't get hit for -0.70 like a true slick will. Net of those adjustments would be +1.100, that'll help *alot*.

You'd probably want to look at Hoosiers (or similar) for ST3 if you go that route. Same with testing alot of aero parts to find what works best, suspension setups, etc, etc. The Corvette starts off as a decent car, but those guys make it fast via development and hard work.

Edited by Guest

which are DOT construction, thus, don't get hit for -0.70 like a true slick will.

You'd probably want to look at Hoosiers (or similar) for ST3 if you go that route.

So with the Toyo RR or Hoosier R6, am I correct with my points? RR and R6 are both DOT slicks.

yep I match your numbers once we take out the hit for true-slicks since you're actually on a DOT-R.

2450/265 = 9.245 raw

-0.2 for addl weight adjustment

-0.4 for aero in ST3

+1.00 for front wheel drive (did I mention that's huge yet?)

+0.70 for 245s or narrower DOT-Rs

Net adjustment +1.10

= 10.345 as you stand now.

310whp at 2450 & those adjustments = 9.003 = legal

2120lbs at 265whp comes out to 9.000 = legal (net adjustments change a little because the addl weight adjustment changes and brings your net adj to +1.00 instead).

Mix and match too if you want.

Be sure to leave a little buffer, esp on your dyno # - don't want to blow over and get a DQ.

How about a few more classes? (ST4, ST5 ST6 maybe).

I was very competitive racing the ST3 thunder roadsters in my current setup but am still no match for the Z06's. I would be really curious to see if the extra 70whp would level the playing field,

You need better tires.

No offense to you, but this is what drives me nuts. It's obvious, based on the tires you're using, that your car is not capable of competing with any front running ST3 car.

Maybe it is for HC1? I don't know, but this thread has basically been about how fast the ZO6's are compared to your Acura. Can you see why I/we take issue with this?

How about a few more classes? (ST4, ST5 ST6 maybe).

I was very competitive racing the ST3 thunder roadsters in my current setup but am still no match for the Z06's. I would be really curious to see if the extra 70whp would level the playing field,

You need better tires.

No offense to you, but this is what drives me nuts. It's obvious, based on the tires you're using, that your car is not capable of competing with any front running ST3 car.

Maybe it is for HC1? I don't know, but this thread has basically been about how fast the ZO6's are compared to your Acura. Can you see why I/we take issue with this?

It's about what I can do to be competitive with the Z06's. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Z06's. This topic might have gotten carried away. All I wanted to know was if it was possible for adding another ST class.

So what tires are you ST3 Z06's running? NON-DOT hoosiers? (Not A6 or R6?) I know there are better tires. The RR's are good, but not the best.

AFAIK they're probably running A6/R6 because of the hit associated with non-DOT slicks.

If you can squeeze a 245 R-comp on a 17x9 wheel under your car that would be a start.

It's about what I can do to be competitive with the Z06's. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Z06's. This topic might have gotten carried away.

Good to hear.

So what tires are you Z06's running? NON-DOT hoosiers? (Not A6 or R6?)

Mostly A6's and Hankook C91's. Majority of us run 275/35/18 in TT3 and some run 315/30/18 in ST3.

I will be experimenting with 295/18 and 315/17's very soon.

We're not shy. We will tell you anything you want to know.

It's about what I can do to be competitive with the Z06's. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Z06's. This topic might have gotten carried away.

Good to hear.

So what tires are you Z06's running? NON-DOT hoosiers? (Not A6 or R6?)

Mostly A6's and Hankook C91's. Majority of us run 275/35/18 in TT3 and some run 315/30/18 in ST3.

I will be experimenting with 295/18 and 315/17's very soon.

We're not shy. We will tell you anything you want to know.

That's why I thought I'd ask but it got carried away pretty fast. I'm just wanting another class to be able to run when HC is low in numbers. ST3 seems to have a decent turn out for contingency at least. After your 1:28.xxx in March I think even Kevin is wondering how to catch you lol

asking to kill off a class that hundreds of people run in across the country just because you don't like it, don't understand it, aren't interested in, or your car doesn't fit well can tend to rile some people up...

Stop screwing with my classes... I just spent four months and thousands upon thousands taking my fully built PTA car and making it into a 80% built ST2/ST3 car just to "keep up".

From this...

547786_3974436170558_240363416_n.jpg

To this...

10259325_10202893339405742_686155281981782051_n.jpg

If you're not out there on A6s.... go home, or at least stop complaining.

Only 4 months?

I had 13 months of Panoz duty before that... and I didn't count the two months doing the engine swap and coil-overs

I still have a Panoz in the stable to get running. It's 98% finished, which is what is even more frustrating

Im going on 4 years! The rules have changed so many times during my build I lost count. In the end it will still just be a TTA car! (If it ever comes back I'm ready to go).