NASA-TX TT August 20/21 - Texas World Speedway

mitchntx

We have a few signed up already.

Have you folks filled out the classification form and know which class you are running in?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Kevin Turner has a solid points lead in TTU driving a fire breathing Firehawk and Steve Mulder is currently the leader in TTA driving a C5.

You guys are gonna have to step it up to catch up!

I am going to run my C5 in TTA. I have never run in a NASA event before, but I have run in a ton of PCA track events. What kind of cars typically run in the TTA Class?

Great!

We'll finally get to meet face to face ...

This is Texas' first year for time trials. We've had C5s, Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs, EVOs, Super7s ...

Yeah, I am looking foward to getting the Vette out on a real course. I am getting up there early afternoon on Friday. I have a Blue Vette #889. I am going to have a garage space. Stop by

Rayman: aka Ledfoot2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all 7 of the Time Trialers this weekend.

I will let the individuals post their own lap times and give their own impressions.

All I will say is you guys impress the hell out of me ... great job and thanks for being patient as we all learn this process.

I would appreciate any feedback, but please do it off-line. E-mail is great.

Hey Mitch, Misty and I had a fantastic time!

I don't think I've been to an event with a higher ratio of friendly people than the one last weekend. Considering the amount of cars at the event, I was suprised how well the schedule was followed.

Anyone who's done a few DE's should definately give TT a try. Friendly competition, low risk and expense.

You and Glen really did a great job setting it up, and I'd love to do another one someday.

Congrats to ledfoot2 for his screaming fast laps on Sunday! Really amazing for his first time at TWS, in fact, it was faster than any C5 I've ever seen out there. The man has some talent!

Heh. She's had the racing bug for a while now, all this did was worsen the condition.

We're still debating whether it would be cheaper at this point to get her a CMC car, or go AI since her LS1 already has suspension and brakes (and no a/c, interior, etc).

Either way, I figure she'll probably start racing sometime next season.

I had a great time guys. I am wrestling with whether it is better to build up the Corvette (read:exensive) or sell it and buy some other fast car. I was thinking of something similar in layout, maybe a GT-1 car. Any suggestions?

Maybe we shouldn't get too far off the Time Trials topic.

Maybe move this conversation to the Texas Forum?

As far as TT goes, Rayman you dove off into T1 and had the tail wagging the dog ... nice bit of driving ...

What did you think of the format?

I though the format was great. Everything worked very well. It is a very nice bunch of people and I will definatley attend more NASA events. I have a better idea of tire compounds to run at TWS and just need more seat time there. A few things that might need a minor tunning were on the second day the time trial period was very quickly after the DE session. It did not give much cool-down time for the cars. The other thing was the heat. If you could make it about 70 degrees myself, and my car would apprciate it.

Feel free to contact me about converting the SS to an AI car - I can fill you in on the expenses, or you can get in touch with me through Mitch.

I have the Black LS1 AI car #8.

Mike P.