Apparent Lack of People Running TT1?

Sayajin

So this is my first full season running Time Trials with NASA. As can be deduced from the thread title, I run TT1. One of the things I immediately noticed is the lack of people running in TT1 and I am wondering if that is possibly either just limited to my part of the country or if that is the norm? Now I obviously realize TT1 normally consists of more "expensive" cars, Porsche, Z06, GTR, ect. however I would still expect there to be more than 1-3 per event.

I have done events this year with Mid South, NOLA, South East, and Mid Atlantic and have yet to do one with more than 3 TT1 drivers. The only expection to this was the joint event at Barber between like 5 different regions and I think there was still only 4-5 guys for that.

So I guess the question is, Does TT1 normally only have 1-3 partipants? Or is that just how it is the first few events of the year for each region?

-Sayajin

It's your region - TX sees about 20ish% of the field in TT1 and our largest class, small handful of TT2, few more TT3s. TTB as 2nd biggest class oddly enough.

I expect most of our people to travel to NOLA for the crossover event Sept 20-21. Some of them the same ones that were also at Barber... maybe more in total since the NOLA event will count for TX points and the Barber event didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Your region is probably the norm. Texas is the anomaly. Biggest regular TT1 field by far. Maybe followed by AZ? Mid Atlantic and SE used to have pretty good fields that have dwindled a lot. Great Lakes had a large field too but most of those guys are running in TTU for some unknown reason. Not a ton of action in TT1 unless you are in TX.