Clarification on weight rule

Fr3AkAzOiD

This is about base weight vs minimum competition weight.

I understand minimum competition weight is the lightest my car will come off the track and roll onto the scales with me inside.

Assume worn tires, running on fumes and skipped breakfast to be on safe side.

The car I'm thinking of using for TT next year isn't listed in the rules sheet.

Edmunds.com lists my model car weight at 3297 lbs and I verified that with multiple other websites.

Would that make 3297 lbs my base weight or is it that weight + my personal body weight?

Through my racing seat, spare tire and jack removal, and aftermarket wheels I dropped a good 60 lb from the car.

Does that count towards points or since it's less then my 160 lb personal weight am I ok as long a whatever weight I pull out of the car totals less than my body weight?

Thanks in advance

F!

Please submit the car to Greg Greenbaum so it can be added. Nothing you see on the internet or figure out yourself in the meantime counts, only what is published in our TT classing counts. That is, http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/time_trial_rules.pdf (and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55161 for updates in between.)

Case in point, we just fixed one earlier this year (Focus ST) because the originally published internet weight of the car was wrong.

Thanks!

the listing may not be exactly what Edmunds has - depends on what base class the car recieves and what potential gains the car may see with typical modifications.