Dyno

Will F.

• Members

Hey Folks!

We’ll be using MCE Racing as our compliance dyno operator for the Eastern States Championships at Road Atlanta this year. There is limited availability on Thursday for you to get on and either do some tuning or make sure you’re compliant on the dyno we’ll be using for our compliance testing.

To schedule a time for Thursday contact Kevin at 530-934-3237 or email [email protected].

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sperkins

• Balroks

• circuitmstr

• Red Tornado

He will be hauling the dyno out from Cali so prob not...

We could probably put in a permanent one in the pro-paddock for cheaper

blown away we got a dyno from northern cali for east coast Nationals .I called at 5:30 eastern time and he said he was full .Chris , no he will not be there for the august 2nd weekend I asked ...... he told me he will work both my cars in ..... he is going to have one hell of a line ...... incredible that this has happened .

That's odd. I called him the minute I got the Email from Will which was about 5:30 easter time. He said he was almost wide open and that I was basically first on the list...I got scheduled for 8am to be the first one, just in case

This is what I got from him.. He was full for Thursday but would work anyone in. That he was confident he could work us in. only running the dyno from 8-8 on Thursday . so ? $60 FOR 3 Pulls for verification. anything needing tuned would be 1 hour minimal at like $175.

I'm just really worried that he is already full and someone gets on the dyno to check and it's off they buy a hour to fix it.. if that happens just a couple times and he is already full on top of that there is going to be one hell of a long line .......

I plan to have my cars sitting there at 8am Thursday morning.

I've already talked to you, Will. But updates on the plans/location for an awd dyno would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

just talked to Kevin. Nice guy, but......

He is not taking appointments. He says he's "just not that organized". He is "completely full Thursday" but then says he can "maybe squeeze me in". Friday he could fit me in. Instead of focusing on the race at hand, we're going to burn hours trying to get dyno check done.

The dyno coming is a Dynojet 224x (inertia type), OWNED BY DYNOJET. That's probably why it's coming from California. However, this scheduling for a run is maddening. There is a strong likelihood that many of us will not be able to get some pulls in before qualifying and races are under way. So, if we're checked for compliance and end up 2 hp high, what then?

We got the same story, I plan on having fresh Dyno runs before we arrive, if his is different I am plan on calling dyno jet and make them figure out why. At miller this guy had his electronics and sensors right under the car so they would heat up during the runs, and cause cars to make more power each run. Saw lots of frustrated people.

Dyno jet was at PRI and invited us to call if we ever saw major difference from one device to the next so I will just take them up in it.

We got the same story, I plan on having fresh Dyno runs before we arrive, if his is different I am plan on calling dyno jet and make them figure out why. At miller this guy had his electronics and sensors right under the car so they would heat up during the runs, and cause cars to make more power each run. Saw lots of frustrated people.

Dyno jet was at PRI and invited us to call if we ever saw major difference from one device to the next so I will just take them up in it.

I will be on the same model dyno next week here at home, so I will be making the same comparison.

just talked to Kevin. Nice guy, but......

He is not taking appointments. He says he's "just not that organized". He is "completely full Thursday" but then says he can "maybe squeeze me in". Friday he could fit me in. Instead of focusing on the race at hand, we're going to burn hours trying to get dyno check done.

The dyno coming is a Dynojet 224x (inertia type), OWNED BY DYNOJET. That's probably why it's coming from California. However, this scheduling for a run is maddening. There is a strong likelihood that many of us will not be able to get some pulls in before qualifying and races are under way. So, if we're checked for compliance and end up 2 hp high, what then?

Sounds pretty similar to what I was told. Guess I'll find out at the first compliance check.

I would bet they could fill up that Wednesday if they decided to do it.

NASA didn't rent the track, so they won't let the dyno and cars in.

If we used the same dyno as the SE region does, it would knock out a big chunk of people who could do it this weekend.

I've already talked to you, Will. But updates on the plans/location for an awd dyno would be greatly appreciated.

I would also be interested to hear about the plans for an AWD dyno at Nats.

I would also be interested to hear about the plans for an AWD dyno at Nats.

I'm bumping this back up because I haven't heard anything about the plans for an awd dyno/which shop will be used. I've emailed and called Will and haven't received a response, but I know he is probably very busy. I would just like the opportunity everyone else gets, to be on the dyno that will be used for compliance testing beforehand.