Dyno

Will F.

I was on two different dyno's with in 7 day's of the event in Charlotte at around the same temp and humidity and they were with in 1 hp and 2 tq of each other.The dyno at the track read 4% higher on both hp and tq!

I did the same thing with an in ground dyno in Raleigh a week prior and the track dyno read ~2.5% lower on Thursday prior to all the weather box shenanigans. The car came right off the trailer and onto the dyno in Raleigh whereas I ran all day in T&T on Thurs before climbing on the dyno late in the afternoon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sperkins

• Balroks

• circuitmstr

• fox4life

• Members

SpecE30 went to a dyno standard this year. We had struggles getting similar #'s on different dynos. Dynojet says to expect 1% difference between dynos. A couple months ago I called Dynojet about our results that were 4x less accurate than advertised and they seemed pretty willing to involve themselves to help us figure out what was going on. I bet that if we asked nicely, we could get Dynojet to spend Thur-Sun with us at VIR in 2015 and help ensure we get good results.

Lets not charge the Dynojet guy $40 tho.

Having a 2nd dyno would be a good idea too.

Well correction factors is amateur hour to miss.

I fin on Dynos I have never varied by more than 10hp over 3 runs in any car in over 20 years now except supercharged w tons of boost cars.

That Dino must have been messed up

The weather station did seem to be more accurate when he took it out of the metal box under the dyno...

I think NASA did what they could to make it better and have learned lessons that they will apply in the future.

They certainly would have voided any dyno runs with bogus weather readings I would think..

All that aside, the dyno guy wasnt very fair in my opinion. I had 2 reserved spots: one on wed night at 7pm (the last spot on wed), and 8am thursday morning just in case. I showed up before my 7pm appointment, however, he proceded to "squeeze one more car on real quick" before mine went on. This wouldnt be a problem except that my car didnt get on the dyno until around 7:25pm and I was told that I had to be off the dyno by 8pm, yet I still had to pay $150 for a full hour. Thats not fair.

Since I didnt get the full amount of time I needed, I decided to use my thursday morning spot as well. People where offering to "buy" the remaining time that I didnt use of my hour. I only used about 20min and I was still charged $150 again for a full hour and did not allow me to split the time with anyone. He said that he would still charge them also... WTF

I needed to go back on Sat night as well. Again this time I was on there about 15min and I was charged another full $150.

Maui Wowy! that made a dent in my pocket!