ZoomZoom8

Yet more Pics from Hotlanta....

ZoomZoom8

Some of you may have seen the guy (Don) in the yellow shirt with the camera's running around Saturday as well. He also took pictures at the awards. He has about 300 images posted at:

http://silvereightstudio.com/NASA_RA_8-13-05/

Please take the time to thank Don. He does a hell of a job crawling all over the track to get some of these shots....

Gordon

SilverEIGHT
Some of you may have seen the guy (Don) in the yellow shirt with the camera's running around Saturday as well. He also took pictures at the awards. He has about 300 images posted at:

Please take the time to thank Don. He does a hell of a job crawling all over the track to get some of these shots....

Gordon

Hey Gordon, thanks for the link. I just joined this forum to see what was up. I was getting a hell of a lot of hits from here. Guys, I really enjoyed this event. Ya'll put on a heck of a show. So many cars doing sooooo well. Impressive driving skills and autos.

To the black Mustang that smacked the wall right under me in trun 5... just damn! my camera was screwed up for five minutes and what happens! I hope your car is OK as I know you took a pretty hard hit.

To the Mazda Miata the busted the right front end up in turn 5... I was following the orange colored car (don't remember what it was)... I never saw you until you got out of the car. Sorry man, hope it doesn't take too much to get her running again.

Thanks NASA, you guys are awesome! I look forward to next time. You guys enjoy the images.

Don

Mberglo

Sure got a lot of pictures of that funny looking gray car.

I was proud of my pics till I saw yours.

dwc

Don,

Holy crap!

Those are some unreal photos. I appreciate you sharing!

Daniel

jwalter

I was the red miata.

Rob ( blue miata with the yellow top) saw the whole thing in his mirror.

He said it was pretty spectacular. I got a few feet of air, apparently. More than once, bouncing around the curbs and gravel trap.

When I hit, the front dug into the tire wall and lifted the back a few feet again.

I have no doubt that I would have been in pain if I didn't have my HANS. I probably would have been sore this morning. I'm going to measure the tethers and see if they stretched any.

Go buy some sort of neck restraint!

RXDOC

Gordon

Hey Gordon, thanks for the link. I just joined this forum to see what was up. I was getting a hell of a lot of hits from here. Guys, I really enjoyed this event. Ya'll put on a heck of a show. So many cars doing sooooo well. Impressive driving skills and autos.

To the black Mustang that smacked the wall right under me in trun 5... just damn! my camera was screwed up for five minutes and what happens! I hope your car is OK as I know you took a pretty hard hit.

To the Mazda Miata the busted the right front end up in turn 5... I was following the orange colored car (don't remember what it was)... I never saw you until you got out of the car. Sorry man, hope it doesn't take too much to get her running again.

Thanks NASA, you guys are awesome! I look forward to next time. You guys enjoy the images.

Don

Don:

Great pictures! How do we contact you to purchase them?

Thanks

SilverEIGHT

Thanks guys. Hope everyone finds at least one photo with them in it. Next time, if you ask me specifically to look out for a particular car I will try to do that. It's hard to get everyone when you are shooting by yourself and want to cover the whole track.

I've had a good many people wanting to purchase images. I'm in the process of trying to get a store front set up but it may take a little while so please bear with me. I can do it through PayPal now and send images via email, download via link from email, send photos on CD or Prints if you like. Initially my handling of this will be a little unprofessional but I will get it together in time and make it easy for everyone.

email: [email protected]

I started my SilverEIGHTStudio website because of my love of racing and the fun of just being around these types of events and people. I love photography and now it's turning into something much bigger than I ever expected.

macstang

Thanks Don!! Great pictures! You got plenty of my red Mustang in HPDE2! As always, you do a great job and we appreciate the love and dedication that you put into your work!!! Thanks again!

SilverEIGHT
Thanks Don!! Great pictures! You got plenty of my red Mustang in HPDE2! As always, you do a great job and we appreciate the love and dedication that you put into your work!!! Thanks again!
Which red Mustang? Did I talk with you after Saturday's event about the sparks flying from your breaks in the March event in turn 6?

macstang

Yes that is the car. Somehow, my wife was driving everytime the shutter clicked. I love it, thanks.

Jerry

SilverEIGHT

Hey, I enjoyed meeting you an Bull. How about installing new breaks next time and put on another fireworks show for us.

SilverEIGHT

Hummm, wonder if I should post the pics of the Saturday awards?

Mberglo
Hummm, wonder if I should post the pics of the Saturday awards?

Jim Pantas will likely want those posted to the NASA-SE website. He's prolly still sleeping, and hasn't even begun the post-weekend work.

But any photos of Bobbie are okay by me.

SilverEIGHT

I'll hold off. I sent them to Jim Saturday night and I know he is in recovery mode.

LMan

But any photos of Bobbie are okay by me.

...I still haven't washed my cheek

SilverEIGHT

Well, I guess I don't see anything wrong with a little teaser!

EDIT:

OOPS... SLIPPITS!!! I deleted the image that was here... I slipped up and posted it twice!

Edited by Guest

SilverEIGHT

Well, I guess I don't see anything wrong with a little teaser!

DSC_1626.jpg

krisko

I'm looking forward to my 'trophy' pic....I got a kiss on the cheek but got so excited I don't think I looked at the camera.

ZoomZoom8
I'm looking forward to my 'trophy' pic....I got a kiss on the cheek but got so excited I don't think I looked at the camera.

ROFLMAO!!! That's funny! I dont care who you are, that's funny....

Gordon

RANDERS

It's only funny if you are not the one of the guys in the pictures with the lovely Bobby. What a great time in the ATL.

trackaddict

Great pics indeed! I had a lot of fun working/watching the event. Pit-in on Saturday was excellent as I had the shade of the walkway to hide under. (You know it is hot as hell when you can drink 8 bottles of water and still not need to take a pee break.)

Sunday I split the day between turn 7 and turn 5. The Thunder race was awesome as was the Blitz race. I saw a SM catch some serious air in turn 5. Luckily he continued on and spared me the need to sprint towards turn 6 to see wazzup.

I'll be driving Roebling in September in HPDE2. I can't wait...

Nabil

krisko
It's only funny if you are not the one of the guys in the pictures with the lovely Bobby. What a great time in the ATL.

The beer mug is nice but there's a better reason to win some races.

RANDERS

I agree... it is always fun to hang out at the track and talk shop over drinks and such, but we all show to run. This was our second event on a new car and we started sneaking up on the setup by sunday. 200# over weight and down on power made for a long weekend.

BTW has anyone mentioned the heat? Gallon for gallon I think we drank more water than fuel this weekend. I fear that Roebling won't be any better.

Did anyone else think the cars/drivers were sat on the grid way to long for the heat? 15-20min is crazy. Just venting.

Jim P.

I think we have finally recovered from the weekend!

It was an awesome event, and thanks for taking so many pictures, I hope to get the ones you sent me up on the website later today along with a link back to your website. Go ahead and post the trophy pics, I can link to your site.

It was definitely HOT, we bought our normal allocation of water for the workers for the weekend and went thru all of it on Saturday! We had to buy more for sunday!

Roebling last year was actually somewhat cooler, and we are hoping for cooler weather again this year.

Don't forget we'll be nice and cool in a few weekends at what has to be one of the nicest venues we race at: Snowshoe Mountain, WV!

Thanks for all the pictures, see you all at Snowshoe!

SilverEIGHT

OK, I'll post them later today.