AIX/AI/SI/CMC @ Nationals

bojets

The conversation has started on another forum about the number of cars almost 50 combined between the AIX/AI/SI/CMC group about how to handle such a large field.

Standing starts, rolling starts, split starts, mixed grid based on qualifying times, inverts.

What do you think?

That sounds good but add one standing start to one of the qualifying races at least.We ain't scared of drag races in the SE!

Standing starts are fine for cmc and is, where they have more stock type setup. They are not feasible for AI or AIX, and for those of us that had to miss the stalled car on the starting line at last years event they can be dangerous, the odds of cars left on track with a rolling start are less.

Standing starts are fine for cmc and is, where they have more stock type setup. They are not feasible for AI or AIX, and for those of us that had to miss the stalled car on the starting line at last years event they can be dangerous, the odds of cars left on track with a rolling start are less.

No one including myself are afraid if standing starts. It's the fact that there is a higher chance for wrecks and less green flag racing if there is a standing start, not to mention the strain it puts on the drivetrain. We are not drag racing here and you can't win a race in lap 1. So what's the point?

We all need to voice our opinions to the race director before the event against standing starts. Maybe if enough people emailed him it won't happen. Or we can all voice it in the drivers meeting.

Wait , a wc gt and gts cars can do standing starts but a ai aix can't ...come one....... 50 cars is not that bad. They will figure it out . it's a big place......

Guessing aix/ai rolling start. Then a little further back Si Rolling Start.. then a quick cmc standing start.....We do this all the time in great lakes with 50 car race groups.

• Members

We do standing starts in Florida with AI cars on a regular basis with no issues. Strong up people

Pat

I'll do standing starts in AIX with my 5.5" clutch. Bring it Pansies! Let's invert the entire field too while we are at it. We did this in the Midwest region. CMC, then SI, then AI then AIX inverted. It was fun.

I'll do standing starts in AIX with my 5.5" clutch. Bring it Pansies! Let's invert the entire field too while we are at it. We did this in the Midwest region. CMC, then SI, then AI then AIX inverted. It was fun.

it was actually some of the best racing to watch as well..... lots of racing trying to move through traffic.

Yah the whole invert thing is silly too. I quit running them here locally cause it always resulted in a new dent in my car.

Yah the whole invert thing is silly too. I quit running them here locally cause it always resulted in a new dent in my car.

please, it's a race car not a show car... maybe you should look a tt

• Members

Anyone running AI/AIX/CMC/SI would be ill-advised to think that you won't be doing at least one SS sometime over the course of the event... Maybe, maybe not. Just sayin.

Ed

If you want to start paying my body shop bills then I'll quit complaining about it. Yah I know it's a race car but I don't think that's an excuse to destroy it and them hammer it out. I like to look somewhat presentable instead of showing up in a beat up tin can.

By the way TT has a lot of accidents to haha

If you want to start paying my body shop bills then I'll quit complaining about it. Yah I know it's a race car but I don't think that's an excuse to destroy it and them hammer it out. I like to look somewhat presentable instead of showing up in a beat up tin can.

By the way TT has a lot of accidents to haha

Spec iron for sure is not for you then. That is now a full contact sport. right Ed

This class isn't near as bad as spec Miata was. I used to carry spare fenders in my trailer. If it becomes a full contact sport then I become a full protest filer haha

This class isn't near as bad as spec Miata was. I used to carry spare fenders in my trailer. If it becomes a full contact sport then I become a full protest filer haha

Yea true I seen your spec Miata last month ...........

Wait , a wc gt and gts cars can do standing starts but a ai aix can't ...come one....... 50 cars is not that bad. They will figure it out . it's a big place......

Guessing aix/ai rolling start. Then a little further back Si Rolling Start.. then a quick cmc standing start.....We do this all the time in great lakes with 50 car race groups.

Come on Steve, surely there is a better example of standing starts than WC.

I consider standing starts a necessary evil. I think they are cool, but I really suck at them. Although I did just have my first standing start without losing a position.

Either way, I'll be on the starting grid and happy to be there.

Which one? The red 97 model I sold? Or the red 99 model I sold two yrs ago to a local friend?

woops wrong person who is this, Corey ?