Track discussion

imissedtheapex

Hi all. Ive searched almost the entire site and cant find a forum in which people can discuss the quick way around a track. Am I missing a subforum here? I would imagine that folks in HPDE (and even racers) could benefit from some discussion on how best to attack tracks around the country. "What Is the quickest line through the sweeper at Buttonwillow?" "What do you aim for as your turn in for the uphill section of the complex at Big Willow?"

Any thoughts?

Excellent idea. However, I think there are too many variables. You would need sub-sections for different car types, etc. There typically isn't a "fastest" line that holds true for every car. There is a "school" line and I know Sonny has started putting together school line vids on youtube (search for erdoc200) but the fastest is most-likely going to be a slight modification of the school line. The modification would depend on car type ...and driver type as well

Videos are a great tool. Find a front-running TT'er or racer (for fast, I'd find a TT'er ) that drives the same or similar car in your region, at the tracks you'll be driving, and search their in-cars out on youtube.

• 1 month later...