Sparco Steering Wheel Adapter SLOP

Mystic_Cobra

Anyone ever have issues with a Sparco steering wheel adapter wearing out? I have the bolt-on type hub connected to my stock column. The bolts are all tight. The adapter/wheel still slides on and locks in place but it moves in and about 1/8" or so once locked. I've had it for more years than I can remember.

THIS ONE:

http://www.ogracing.com/sparco-steering-wheel-quick-release-bolt-on-style-1

• 1 month later...

Are your splines worn down? Also where did you buy it from? There are A LOT of chinese replicas around that look pretty much the same as the real deal, but they are known to do what you're describing.

• 2 months later...

I have Sparco quick release that is going down that path as well. I have much less than a 1/8" of play, but there is play. It's only a little over a year old.

Max

I bought it from OG Racing and it wasn't cheap so I'm assuming it is/was real. It did provide a lot of years of good service. After fiddling with it, I think I decided that it just won't slide all the way on anymore due to wear. It stops before you get it fully seated. It was sitting in between the two engagement points so it wouldn't slide all the on to the fully locked position. I ended up buying a new one.