944spec on video

Cory M

PD: Tim is lucky you backed out or you could have easily hit him or turned him around. (Didn't think about that at Laguna did you!! Just kidding!!) But looking at the video I have just figured out how to get to the front of the pack!! Go balls to the wall, wear depends and pray no one hits you!! Actually now that I think of it it's TC's superior driving skill and using ancient drifting technic's creating the illusions he's on the edge so you won't dare try to make a pass!! He's a sly one that Timmmeee!! You get close to sticking your nose in and wham he's sideways so you back off. Pretty smart!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PeanutinCA

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• ITAIntegraLS

Maybe his rear view mirror doesn't work (make that side mirror) so he needs to get sideways to see if I'm still there?

He's lucky I didn't hit him you say? I'm lucky I saw him coming and he didn't hit me!

See what happens when you go off and build cars and spend less time online TC? You get a bashing!

P.D.

Yes, I get sideways sometimes when I'm trying hard (which is all the time!)

Sometimes, to find the limits, you have to exceed them.

Getting sideways isn't crazy in my book. That's not what I mean when I say conservative. I'm talking about decisions made during the passing evolution to try to avoid contact. Bash away......

Yes, Dilly, you established position in the video at turn 12 at Fontana. But that doesn't mean the pass is complete. It's only halfway done. I took it a little deeper and stayed on the outside line, giving you plenty of room on the inside. Yep, I got a little sideways, but I stayed to the outside.

The first clip (I believe) going into turn 3 at Fontana was my bad. I would have oversteered into you if we went in parallel. You were smart to delay your turn in. I was just too hot there.

Was that footage from the Tribute? Or is it just dark because of the angle of the Sun?

Sometimes, to find the limits, you have to exceed them.

Getting sideways isn't crazy in my book.

G0TTA SAY I agree with Timmy...watching some of the guys drive the 944's at Laguna this weekend, a slight drift throught 3, 4 and 5 seemed the way to go.

as I am finding out, the limit is a little more friendly to find with a 944 than a 911! Not sure if I can make the next POC race at Willow (work trip pending) so I will try to make one of the upcoming 944 races!

The problem as I see it, is that if ONE person drives like that....no worries. But if more than one person in the same turn, at the same time, both drive like that.....certain contact....

My question is, Why is it always the same guys that drive like that and expect everyone else to back out so they don't hit them.... Shouldn't we just draw numbers from a hat at the beginning of each race and say, "Okay, the guys with odd numbers, can drive like sh*t....even number guys....your in survival mode....

I certainly don't expect everyone else to back out when we're fighting for a turn. I would hope guys aren't expecting me to slide into them on a regular basis.