NATIONALS EAST

EFisher12

For the love of god .... someone say SOMETHING !!

No live coverage, no video links ... Racer Connect is a joke ... No Speed Cast TV ... No John Lindsay ??? Well ... ok, thats ok .....

But there has to be something ... anyone know who is running well ?? Whats the field look like ?? Hello Houston .......

Yes very lame. Results and live timing is okay but video and in car is a joke as only front straight video ever works.

Looks like a few DQs and some interesting stuff should make for a good race tmrw

Yeah, the coverage has been a complete joke. I tried to follow Griswold's onboard (it was the only one working, by the way) and it cut out after 8 laps. And on top of that, there's still no information available about yesterday's DQ's that I can find...

Just wanna clarify something ... That was NOT a dig on JWL - I ( we ) all love his commentary during Nationals coverage ... we really missed that and the full on line coverage for the folks who couldn't make it this year, it is always a classic part of Nationals week, very colorful and fun to listen to . Sorry, but I love the old format ... One race, all regions, full coverage on Speed Cast, a concentrated week of racing ... ALL IN and ONE National Champion for each perspective class.

Nationals has been a very special week each year for our team ... an intense, all parties showdown. The long distance treks made by individuals and teams made it even more special. I understand the argument related to logistical issues, I get it ... but it just seems like one National event is the way to go ... it shouldn't be diluted in any way, shape or form with an East West separate race, there really is no true National champ ... if we rotate the coasts annually to give everyone an equal financial break, it should work well ... it has for the last 10 years - I vote it stays the way it has been ... One week, one race, one champ.

NASA has done an outstanding job listening to its members, they listen and make changes based on member feedback, never afraid to try new things ... I give them 100% credit for doing so, its the way it should be ... The above is just my opinion and I am curious to hear from members ... Please, I open the floor ....

E Fisher #12

Can someone scan/post/transcribe..etc the results??? I'm having difficulty finding the complete list whether official or unofficial. Only because of a podium picture I stumbled across today that I discovered that Robin got third!! Congrats Robin!!

Looks like you guys need a writeup and/or some updates! I haven't been on the forum for some time.

The Nationals East was a great time...tons of cars with over 50 combined in the 4 classes.

As always, tons of individual stories of trials & tribulations.

We lost too many Spec Iron cars...some heavy single car incidents. However, the racing was relatively clean with just a few rubs & pushes.

Your New Champions are:

Chris Griswold - AIX

Scott McKay - AI

Corey Reuth - SI

Derek Wright - CMC

I'll take the time to capture my reflections on the event this weekend and even give some insight on some of the new tech items checked and vehicle observations seen.

Bottom line.....It wasn't the same Elliot...with the compressed schedule from 4 days down to 3, there wasn't as much time to party.

Our schedule was such that things were busy every morning, but wide open during the afternoons.

We didn't get into a groove until Saturday...and there were some challenges that needed to be overcome.

...but the racing was awesome...the competition was fierce...the track is cool and the cars all looked great!

I've got some great pro-photos to share...Ford Racing is picking up some race coverage and we get to do it all over again next month.

Todd...been trying to get ahold of you for a couple of days. Because of the small CMC field, we needed to get forms signed for contingency (less than 10, and they don't bother sending you stuff). Can you please contact me so we can get this sorted out. My phone number is on your messages. E-mail is in your in-box. But, in case there's some kind of weird, electronic shield preventing you from getting my messages.....

Kent Owens

six oh eight-33two-zero13zero

kos-at-smallbytes-dot-net

Thanks.....

Todd - glad you thought things went so well in Atlanta - the forum got a bit off track as I was looking for feedback from the racers - maybe some others will post their opinions. I haven't checked lately but how is the AI car count for Nationals West ?

E Fisher

I'll take the time to capture my reflections on the event this weekend.....

Don't anyone hold their breath here....hate to see someone pass out from asphyxiation.

I think overall it was a good event. I personally wish that we would have gotten a warm up on Sunday morning. Especially considering we had rain the night before.

There was more contact and destroyed cars than I have ever seen before.

The dyno situation could have been better.

My biggest gripe was qualifying. We got 2 laps and they combined it with practice to set grid.

Then they changed the written supplemental and gridded sat qual to a timed event from Friday race. When did we start driving TT?

I have been to 3 previous nationals and this one just felt discombobulated.

That was classic. Yes waiting for updates or info would be a lifetime it seems.

Needs to be some energy in leadership and participants again. Been lame past uear

That was classic. Yes waiting for updates or info would be a lifetime it seems.

Needs to be some energy in leadership and participants again. Been lame past year. Sorry but true

Nationals has been a very special week each year for our team ... an intense, all parties showdown. The long distance treks made by individuals and teams made it even more special. I understand the argument related to logistical issues, I get it ... but it just seems like one National event is the way to go ... it shouldn't be diluted in any way, shape or form with an East West separate race, there really is no true National champ ... if we rotate the coasts annually to give everyone an equal financial break, it should work well ... it has for the last 10 years - I vote it stays the way it has been ... One week, one race, one champ.

Brian and I agree with Elliot's statement.

Atlanta had the feel of a regional event, although not quite up to the standards we have come to expect in Atlanta.

In the past a big part of our sponsorship proposals revolved around the fact that each season we brought a competitive car to the "National" Championship race. It has been difficult explaining this season to our current sponsors and very difficult to get new sponsors to come on board with this watered down format.

It will be tough to get motivated to make the tow to VIR next season.

Bring back our old format, one week, one race, one NATIONAL champion.