Nationals East 2014 Incar Videos!!

johngeorge

Brian Faessler, AIX Championship race, 3400#, 5.5 seconds under AIX track record, fastest race lap of all competitors 1:25.9, worst luck.

My fastest session on Sunday in TT group I.

CfwH9deeKGI

1:40.2x

AIM data said I had a 1:39.8 lap in there, which would have been good enough for first place, but I over-braked coming into T6.

#26 TTD ~3250# & 202whp

People can say multi class racing is fun. It's not when higher power cars run your same lap time. Been there done that. Feel for you

People can say multi class racing is fun. It's not when higher power cars run your same lap time. Been there done that. Feel for you

OR when a higher class car passes you, puts you a lap down, a fcy comes out and costs you a Eastern Championship....

Thanks. I think I am going to power up from now on and just run the higher classes.

OR when a higher class car passes you, puts you a lap down, a fcy comes out and costs you a Eastern Championship....

Here is my Sunday video:

KGw8EdJjrcc

Can you explain that one to me? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't know how HC is set up.

Were you not racing against the guys you started with? They pulled away and out of the picture.

If you weren't racing them and you in front of the people in your class the whole time, then how would someone form a different class passing you cost you the championship?

I also didn't notice anyone pass you that held you up and lost you any positions?

Can you explain that one to me? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't know how HC is set up.

Were you not racing against the guys you started with? They pulled away and out of the picture.

If you weren't racing them and you in front of the people in your class the whole time, then how would someone form a different class passing you cost you the championship?

I also didn't notice anyone pass you that held you up and lost you any positions?

Mr. Dawg, you are not being a dick. Anyone not knowing the whole story and just watching my pathetic video would probably think the same thing.

With that said, allow me to explain.

I basically had a 7th or 8th place car this weekend. I started P8 in H2. Yes, the first 7 cars in my class did slowly pull away from me but before the yellow/red came out, I still had them in view.

About 6 minutes before we went red, I was passed by the H1 (overall) leader. That (technically) put me one lap down and took me out of contention to advance my position.

The 7th place car caught on fire which ultimately brought out the red. The pace car came out, gave positions P1-P6 the wave around and they took off.

When racing resumed, I was running P7. The car who was running P6 blew his engine on the final lap. He pulled off the track and didn't cross the start/finish line. HOWEVER, he was a lap ahead since they were given the wave around. This is where it gets interesting.

So based on the above info, you would think I finished P6 as that is where I parked in impound? And how am I even talking about a championship?

I was immediately released from impound since they were teching P1-P5 only. During post race tech, positions P1-P5 were disqualified for various infractions. I was provisionally scored in P7 because even though that P6 blew up and didn't take the checker, his race ended before I had a chance to get my lap back.

So, final official results have him (the car that blew up and didn't finish) as our East Coast Champion and me in P2.

I was somewhat making a joke about the higher class car passing you and costing you a championship. There was NOTHING I could've done this past weekend to stay ahead of him and I was NOT going to hold him up and cost HIM a championship. I will fix my car and hope to not have this issue ever again.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Now back to everyone posting videos.

win by completing the most number of laps, and completing those laps in less time than anyone else in case of a tie on number of laps. T&S 101

win by completing the most number of laps, and completing those laps in less time than anyone else in case of a tie on number of laps. T&S 101

You hush, cheater.

Too soon?

Mr. Dawg, you are not being a dick. Anyone not knowing the whole story and just watching my pathetic video would probably think the same thing.

With that said, allow me to explain.

I basically had a 7th or 8th place car this weekend. I started P8 in H2. Yes, the first 7 cars in my class did slowly pull away from me but before the yellow/red came out, I still had them in view.

About 6 minutes before we went red, I was passed by the H1 (overall) leader. That (technically) put me one lap down and took me out of contention to advance my position.

The 7th place car caught on fire which ultimately brought out the red. The pace car came out, gave positions P1-P6 the wave around and they took off.

When racing resumed, I was running P7. The car who was running P6 blew his engine on the final lap. He pulled off the track and didn't cross the start/finish line. HOWEVER, he was a lap ahead since they were given the wave around. This is where it gets interesting.

So based on the above info, you would think I finished P6 as that is where I parked in impound? And how am I even talking about a championship?

I was immediately released from impound since they were teching P1-P5 only. During post race tech, positions P1-P5 were disqualified for various infractions. I was provisionally scored in P7 because even though that P6 blew up and didn't take the checker, his race ended before I had a chance to get my lap back.

So, final official results have him (the car that blew up and didn't finish) as our East Coast Champion and me in P2.

I was somewhat making a joke about the higher class car passing you and costing you a championship. There was NOTHING I could've done this past weekend to stay ahead of him and I was NOT going to hold him up and cost HIM a championship. I will fix my car and hope to not have this issue ever again.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Now back to everyone posting videos.

If you aint first, you're last!

My video of the 944Spec Champ race. Started on pole and after a quick spin, worked my way from 12th back to 4th. Needed one more lap for a podium. I took a calculated risk on the debris flag and got bit. One of only two mistakes I made the entire week end and it cost me everything. The other mistake was trying a low percentage pass in Qual Race 2 for the lead which resulted in both 1st and 2nd spinning out and retiring early. I almost made the strategy call there to stay in second and let the tie breaker play out since I had won Qual Race 1.

My first trip to Road Atlanta. Finished third in TTD. Awesome track and a job well done by the NASA SE crew! The short video is from session 4 on Saturday and was my fastest session of the weekend...