DaveD

Swap Meet???

DaveD

Hey guys,

I had an idea I'd like to throw out there to see what kind of feedback I get.................

The past few seasons I have been involved in local dirt circle track racing and at the beginning and end of the season there are swap meets at various track, so I felt that maybe we (roadracers) could use the idea. What if at the last race at NJMP people brought anything racing related that they wanted to get rid of and at the end of racing on Sat(or Sat afternoon) put them out in front of your respective "pit area"?? Things like out of date belts,wheels,take off tires or suspension/brake components that are no longer fast in your racing class might be the hot setup for an advancing DE driver or beginning racer. Also items related to trailers,towing, driver safety( suits,helmets,gloves,etc..). This can also go far to get people out and walk around at the end of the day, meet new friends and check in with old ones.

I don't know, what do you think................

Dave Deerson

MG/MClub

I think that is a great idea.

Michael G. NE GTS Dir.

DougDMElec

I love the idea..... now if I can only find a way to carry all the stuff I want to sell and still have room for the all the stuff I NEED!

doclouns

I'm in...

pcdrj

Iiiiiiiiiiii like it!

pcdrj

Iiiiiiiiiiii like it!

mcmmotorsports

I agree, this is a great idea. Thompson Speedway puts on a swap meet every year at the end of the season. They attract thousands of people and you can find everything and anything there. I used to go every year when I raced circle track. Would be nice to see a NASA style swap meet develop.

Here is a link to Thompsons annual event happening in Nov.

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/events/don-hoenigs-flea-market-swap-meet

mcmmotorsports

I agree, this is a great idea. Thompson Speedway puts on a swap meet every year at the end of the season. They attract thousands of people and you can find everything and anything there. I used to go every year when I raced circle track. Would be nice to see a NASA style swap meet develop.

Here is a link to Thompsons annual event happening in Nov.

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/events/don-hoenigs-flea-market-swap-meet

jaje

We started doing this in Central region at the last event of the year. Lots of folks would sell items such as used tires that were no longer competitive but still give consistent traction for those needing it for DE and practice.