NotYetLegend

Question on Tire Width and Car Classification

NotYetLegend

I have a 2012 Camaro SS. Stock the widest tire on the car is a 275. The car stock classes as NXB** (or NXB +14 points). NXB lists 265 as the maximum no points tire width. My question is this, is the +1 point due to the 275 (10mm over 265 being +1) on the car from the factory assessed into the +14 designation or is the car actually NXB +15 from the factory? Thanks guys.

ILIKETODRIVE

It is not. Your car stock would be NXB and +15 points (+14 for the ** and +1 for the tire size). Therefore, you have +4 points to work with to stay in NXB.

That is assuming the car does not have any dealer-installed options that were not factory-installed BTM (Base Trim Model) parts and is not a trim level above BTM that would require points assessment based on those trim level options. For instance...let's say every 2012 SS came without a rear decklid spoiler. However, your particular SS has the Cool Camaro Package which includes a rear decklid spoiler. Even though you did not install the spoiler and even though it came from the factory with it already installed, it would still cost points. Why is that? Not every SS had the Cool Camaro Package. Therefore, points.

NotYetLegend

Ah, well that clears that up! Thank you very much ILIKETODRIVE, very helpful info for me. NXA here we come... I see a lot of beatings from Corvettes in my future.