Camping amenities for Daytona?

Beach Cruiser

Beach Cruiser

I plan to camp for the Nov 1-2 event at Daytona, Can I assume they have bathrooms and Showers nearby? what about food, will there be any snack bars or food venders onsite and available?

I sent a message to the track asking these questions but have yet to hear back from them. I might just have to call the number on the website. Also I had some friends that were racing there this past weekend with SCCA and the tunnel going under the track was flooded and they had to use an alternate route to get into the track. Hope we don't have that problem

Well the track finally got back to me. In the email it said I needed to contact NASA-SE for these answers as not all of their RV spots have power and water. So i sent a PM to Jim and hope he can shed a bit of light on this situation. I will post back his answer when I get it.

Well the answer that I got from the lady at the track said not all spots have water but they have power. So I guess when I get there and there is no water spots left I will just have to fill up the tanks from a hose there. Couldn't get an answer about the trailers as she said she doesn't control that. I believe there is a shower building as well real close to the RV parking.

That is all the info that I could get. I am sure that they will have a concession stand open somewhere, they would be losing more money if they didn't LOL, but I am bringing food.

trackaddict

If you are attending the Friday Just Track It event, check in will be on Thursday from 2-6pm. Camping on Thursday night is available for $40 for Just Track It participants however if you are coming to just hang out on Friday and want to camp Thursday night we are fine with that. You will have to pay the camping fee though and while I would like to charge you extra, I won't

Pay for Thursday night camping via credit card at http://mkt.com/just-track-it-llc/daytona-camping

Thanks,

Nabil

• Members

Any chance of getting in Wednesday? Schedule looks like that may be the best option for us to make it. Also, can we reserve powered 50A spots? Do any have sewer hookups or is there a pumper service?

trackaddict

Further info on camping and track access for the Just Track It event...

We will have check in available beginning on Thursday Oct 30. Check in time is 2-6pm. After 6pm, you will not be able to enter the track. There is no camping in the parking lot. Those that are camping, you will be able to leave the track to go get dinner etc. and will be able to get back in.

Camping will be in the Driver Owner Lot only which has electrical hook ups but no water hook ups. Daytona does not allow camping in the paddock area. So, for those who asked questions about sleeping in their toter home in the paddock, Daytona said that will not be possible.

Garages will not be accessible after hours.

We will open registration again on Friday morning at 6am. Please plan on a Thursday arrival if possible. If not, plan on being there at the crack of dawn so we can get going on track at 8am. Drivers meeting is at 7:15am on Friday morning and is mandatory.

Please direct any questions to Jim if you are not participating in the Just Track It event. Or, sign up to drive on Friday and ask me.

Nabil