2004 Chevy 2500HD 150k miles, NC, $9,500

mateospeed

Need to tow something heavy? This is the truck to do it. "I'd rather have a diesel, they get so much better fuel mileage," you say? Think again! Unless you're driving more than 20k miles a year, it'll take you more than the life of the truck to pay back that $6,000 of additional purchase price! This truck is as economical to run as you'll find. If you've ever purchased premium or diesel fuel, you'll appreciate how nice regular fuel is!

I used this truck to tow a flat-nosed, 24ft, 8,000lb race trailer, and have been thoroughly impressed. It gets 10.5mpg at 65mph with my very inefficient trailer - better than most tow vehicles with an equivalent load. It does wonderfully - just get in, set the cruise, and forget you have a trailer behind you. The 6.0L engine is quite powerful enough to tow a serious load, and still uses most of the same (cheap!) parts as every other Chevy LS-series engine ever produced. Reliable, well-proven, and ready to work. Don't buy an 8100 Vortec truck! They have old big-block engines with parts that don't interchange with the modern LS engine, and are much more expensive to run. Plus, you'll have to deal with the gas mileage from dragging around a huge, heavy iron engine.

Recent maintenance includes:

-New knock sensors (known problem with simple fix, won't happen again.)

-New water pump, belts, pulleys

-Brand-new Goodyear E-rated tires

-Fresh Transmission and Differential fluids

-New plugs and wires at 110k miles

-New dampers (shock absorbers) at 110k miles

Some stats:

• 150k miles

• 6.0L engine with 4L80E heavy-duty automatic transmission

• Factory Tow Package: 12,000 lb tow limit, HD oil coolers and radiator, factory wired for trailer brake controller, HD hitch

• Brand-new Goodyear Tires

• Bed liner and rubber bed mat included

• Upgraded stereo system: Alpine Head Unit with external device (iPod/ Android) control, front and rear door speakers upgraded

• Asking Price: $9,500 OBO

Give me a call/text/email if you'd like to come have a look. Bring your trailer and see how it tows, if you'd like.

Thanks!

-Matt McBride

IMG_1775_zpsf6434a12.jpg

IMG_1781_zpsa29bedd6.jpg

IMG_1780_zps0507bd58.jpg

IMG_1777_zpsd9c3a889.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...