Summit point Sept24 25 HPDE

m95

Just signed up for summit point HPDE in Sept. HAs anyone got info on a good but not to expensive of a hotel to stay at thats close. The summit point site list some but has no recomendations. Plus I could not find any of them but one on the web.

I coming from Kentucky and lookin forward to being there with the Mid atlantic group. :shock[/img]

I live here in Winchester so I haven't stayed at these but the Shoney's Inn at I-81 and Rt. 7 is probably the most convienient but there is also a newer Hampton Inn almost right accross the street if you wanted something more along those lines.

See you there

/Greg

#29 STI

Just signed up for summit point HPDE in Sept. HAs anyone got info on a good but not to expensive of a hotel to stay at thats close. The summit point site list some but has no recomendations. Plus I could not find any of them but one on the web.

I coming from Kentucky and lookin forward to being there with the Mid atlantic group. :shock[/img]

You may also camp out right inside the facility, on edge of the paddock area, for example, (near the Chapel is good)

I live here in Winchester so I haven't stayed at these but the Shoney's Inn at I-81 and Rt. 7 is probably the most convienient but there is also a newer Hampton Inn almost right accross the street if you wanted something more along those lines.

See you there

/Greg

#29 STI

I've stayed at both the Hampton Inn and the Shoneys Inn.

The Shoneys Inn is nice and cheap and there will be a lot of NASA company there. There appear to be a few permanent residents there; however, things never seem to get too out of hand (perhaps because of a number of troopers who will be there for whatever Winchester or Summit Point meetings are going on).

Because of the clientele they normally attract, Shoneys Inn does not have enough smoke free rooms and you should reserve well ahead of time if you want a smoke free environment.

The Hampton Inn is very modern and very nice. If you need to work while you're away from home, the Internet connection there is quite reliable and decently speedy.

Be aware that neither hotel has much in the way of breakfast. You can get milk, coffee, cereal and other carbs at both places, but if you need protein you will have to provide for it yourself.

I recently stayed in a hotel in charlestown I believe. It was very clean, same deal with breakfast, no protein. room rate was reasonable.

Best part, the rooms were clean and the beds were decent.

Its 15 minutes from the track.

I will re post once I get the name/ location.

Well I've got a room at Shoney's. I hope there is a spot in the parking lot so I can change pads and rotors. I like to do this the night before.

I wouldn't recommend it. Last time I stayed there the parking lot was pretty tight. You can go straight to the track Friday night and do it there. I think you might be able to take care of any registration as well. The NASA folks will be there doing tech, etc. Note that the track won't let you into the paddock until 6:00 p.m. Of course, you could do the FATT (the track's HPDE-type event) that day and be waiting when they arrive.

<-- Hopes this isn't against the forum rules...

My sponsor AR Fabrication is about 1 mile from the Shoney's Inn. I've been in contact with Howard the owner tonight and they will provide support for a very small fee for anyone with prep work to do on Friday night before the event.

obviosly we are talking a very small fee if someone just wants to change out some pads. Call him at 540-722-DYNO for info.

He is also a VP fuel dealer with tons of fuel on hand including unleaded high octane fuel.

<-- Hopes this isn't against the forum rules...

My sponsor AR Fabrication is about 1 mile from the Shoney's Inn. I've been in contact with Howard the owner tonight and they will provide support for a very small fee for anyone with prep work to do on Friday night before the event.

obviosly we are talking a very small fee if someone just wants to change out some pads. Call him at 540-722-DYNO for info.

He is also a VP fuel dealer with tons of fuel on hand including unleaded high octane fuel.

just curious, but what is provided for this 'small fee'? Are they doing the work or just providing space? Just curious, I'm towing down so all I need to do is unload, but it would have been a nice service 2 years ago for me

I don't want to step on anyones toes here by providing a link to a vendor so I just wanted people to know a shop is only 1 mile away. I imagine if you are taking up a bay or a lift in his shop whether you or he is doing the work some money should probably change hands just out of principal.

thats all. Anyone interested should call Howard himself to negotiate the use of a lift or tools..

Well I've got a room at Shoney's. I hope there is a spot in the parking lot so I can change pads and rotors. I like to do this the night before.

You can go straight to the track Friday night and do it there. I think you might be able to take care of any registration as well. The NASA folks will be there doing tech, etc. Note that the track won't let you into the paddock until 6:00 p.m. Of course, you could do the FATT (the track's HPDE-type event) that day and be waiting when they arrive.

Highly reccomend doing this at the track. Benefit is you will have your pit area set up ahead of time. Gates open at 6pm but expect a HUGE line to get in.

If you are lucky, you signed up for friday at the track and you will be there all day friday anyway. Then you will have your pick of pit areas.

See you all friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

euroimage was there. They were right next to the tech shed. No way to possibly miss them. check their web site. Good chance they will have proofs up.

What were you driving?

You were pitted right next to us. A couple mustangs and a blue WRX.

I think theyare all blue Plus we had a big grey trailer.

Nice car. That one is going to make history for sure.

I havnt driven one yet but fellow instructors that have...love it.

Practice makes perfect. Just keep coming to the track and you will be faster.

See you Oct 14-16?

I was down on the concrete right across from tech with two blue Mini's.

You were up with Frank, right? Met he and Christian at the Glen a couple of years ago. Frank took me around first session in his car. It's nice to drive it with someone who does it as well as he.

Can't make Oct 14-16. Weekends are bad for me. Lots of kids, Mom, etc. Takes months to get to break even with the wife. Wish I could, great crowd. Have got to find weekday events.

Jacques, in the Blue Mini, was keeping up with you guys. Not bad for 1.6L!

Edited by Guest

Ok. well when I see one Elise I am so excited that its amazes me when there are more.

There are many weekday events. http://www.bsr-inc.com does Friday At The Track or FATT and that is the OCT 14 I mentioned earlier.

Either way, hope to meet you at the track some time. I agree with you, the people are great.

Thought Renntag was you.

Nice site, nice car!

How does FATT work? Ran HDPE3 with NASA. Any special tech requirements. Is an instructor required? How many sessions and how long are they in a typical day? How many cars are on the track during a session? What is "Seat Time"? No instructor?

Edited by Guest