Summit point Sept24 25 HPDE

m95

How does FATT work? Ran HDPE3 with NASA. Any special tech requirements. Is an instructor required? How many sessions and how long are they in a typical day? How many cars are on the track during a session? What is "Seat Time"? No instructor?

John, give me a call and I'll fill you in on all the details. As long as you're driving all the way down you might as well make it a 3-day weekend.

I always do.

How does FATT work? Ran HDPE3 with NASA. Any special tech requirements. Is an instructor required?

Same as HPDE. Tech is the same. instructor is required for group 1 and 2.

You will need to be signed off by an instructor to be solo and to be in group 3. Do you have your log book? bring it with you. They may just let you run. Call the office or talk to elizabeth friday morning.

How many sessions and how long are they in a typical day? How many cars are on the track during a session? What is "Seat Time"? No instructor?

Same time frame.

usually 5-6 sessions if the day goes smoothly.

Not sure on number of cars per session. good question.

Seat time is for solo drivers and racers. No instructors unless you bring your own or make special arrangments.

Thought Renntag was you.

Nice site, nice car!

haha, nope, I'm not sure who he is

but thanks and thanks!

I am a fellow NASA member like you guys. I also instruct for a few different groups including motorcycles. Monday the tenth I will be out draggin the knee.

2kgt: Nice car man. I was instructing the white 89 notchback you passed in the carousel. See your video screen shots? The snap of the white coupe? I was instructing in that car. Your car sounds great btw.

thanks for the photos! The Red 05 GT vert is my wife's.

See you guys in less than 2 weeks.

2kgt: Nice car man. I was instructing the white 89 notchback you passed in the carousel. See your video screen shots? The snap of the white coupe? I was instructing in that car. Your car sounds great btw.

thanks for the photos! The Red 05 GT vert is my wife's.

Ahh, that was Jon's dad, hes a friend of mine on another message board, that's why I took that clip out, to show him.

My dad got the one w/ the tan top, I took a pic of yours to show him what he should have got

http://www.2kgt.com/images/VIRHPDE_2005-07-30/IMG_8233.jpg

I just put that exhaust on, I was hoping it wouldn't be painfully loud, everyone I talked to said it sounded great, so thats good!

thanks,

--chad

Cool, so you know scott already. Excellent. My name is Colin, I know John as well. I am over their house fairly often.

He enjoyed the videos, I did as well.

Your dads 05 is cool. I like the black top as well, but I would have bought the hard top, personally.

Are you going to be at the next event?

Cool, so you know scott already. Excellent. My name is Colin, I know John as well. I am over their house fairly often.

He enjoyed the videos, I did as well.

Your dads 05 is cool. I like the black top as well, but I would have bought the hard top, personally.

Are you going to be at the next event?

Yea, I was bummed when he called and said he got the vert. When I heard that I knew I wouldn't be able to take it out on track. Oh well.

I won't make the next event. I may come up on saturday to watch. My car can't seem to make it through a weekend w/o something needing fixing and I've already signed up for VIR Full the week after. You guys have fun and be safe!

Well, look for us in the paddock atleast. Scott will be there. I will have a black Porsche and a suburban both with nearly the same tag...my user id.

Come hang out. Scott will be around more than I will since I will be instructing.

VIR will be fun. A buddy of ours just signed up with the Audi club for 2 days of VIR full course in November.

Was it me or was there an unsual number of cars ( in both HPDEand race classes) beingbadly damaged. I've been doing HPDE for a couple of years and have never seen this much CARnage. Most importantly in HPDE.

I dont think it was an excessive amount, but there were several large groups participating together in HPDE and I think they were pushing harder with/ in front of thier frineds.

If someone wants to put their car in danger that is their choice and they must suffer the consequences. If a driver takes that risk in presence other cars or with an instructor in the passenger seat, that is reckless and irresponsible.

I agree with the fact of it is reckless for someone to put others at risk. I do feel that the number of cars being damged was a fluke. I personally did not see the so mentioned "racing between freinds". But there were alot of very fast cars in HPDE, and I like that as long as there is self control behind the wheel of those cars.

I do HPDE for the experience of driving different courses with out the competativeness of actual racing.

I had an great time myself and left with little more than needing to have my rotors turned. I found the course challanging and technical.

I agree with the fact of it is reckless for someone to put others at risk. I do feel that the number of cars being damged was a fluke. I personally did not see the so mentioned "racing between freinds". But there were alot of very fast cars in HPDE, and I like that as long as there is self control behind the wheel of those cars.

I sure hope nobody was considering myself and the two '95 mustang R's as 'racing between friends'. We were doing lead follows with each other though. I did run up on a group of 3 cars, one of which was WAY off line, when I ran up behind them he got back over and gave me the pass, which I thought was a little strange.

Chad,

I saw you out there and you were driving as an HPDE participant is suposed to. Nice clean respectful driving.

Thank you. I know sometimes I get a little close for other people comfort, but thats just me pressing for the pass , I try to back off if I know it messes up the person in front of me.

thanks,

--chad

Thank you. I know sometimes I get a little close for other people comfort, but thats just me pressing for the pass , I try to back off if I know it messes up the person in front of me.

You are welcome and I agree. I also like close driving. As I came up through the ranks though, there were many times when other drivers didnt like it AT ALL. I appologize and give them there space later.

Now as an instructor, I still come across other drivers in the advanced/ race group that dont like driving door to door.

I also instruct motorcycles and its the same there. Some people just dont like close driving/ riding.

That is why we race.

I did run up on a group of 3 cars, one of which was WAY off line, when I ran up behind them he got back over and gave me the pass, which I thought was a little strange.

Im positive this wasn't me but at the last event I was offline for an entire session on purpose. Be aware that some people are practicing alternative ways around the track and while these "lines" may look pretty strange to some people, sometime things aren't what they seem.

No worries, just bringing it up.

I did run up on a group of 3 cars, one of which was WAY off line, when I ran up behind them he got back over and gave me the pass, which I thought was a little strange.

Im positive this wasn't me but at the last event I was offline for an entire session on purpose. Be aware that some people are practicing alternative ways around the track and while these "lines" may look pretty strange to some people, sometime things aren't what they seem.

no, it wasn't a White STi. I have no problem w/ people driving off line, in fact like you said, you need to practice, they just need to be aware of people coming up behind them and be ready to follow HPDE protocol for passing, get back on line and let the passer pass off line. Also, it is a good idea to bring that up in class as just an FYI to the rest of us out there. I don't think you were in Group3 though were you? The 'group' I'm talking about seemed almost like they were just messing around with one another. I have video of it and plan to share it with JJ at the next event to get his opinion.

no, it wasn't a White STi. I have no problem w/ people driving off line, in fact like you said, you need to practice, they just need to be aware of people coming up behind them and be ready to follow HPDE protocol for passing, get back on line and let the passer pass off line. Also, it is a good idea to bring that up in class as just an FYI to the rest of us out there. I don't think you were in Group3 though were you? The 'group' I'm talking about seemed almost like they were just messing around with one another. I have video of it and plan to share it with JJ at the next event to get his opinion.

No I was in group 2. I will be in group 3 this weekend. And I totally agree with your point, Alot of people have the mentality that the track is the place to play, not the street. And while some of that is true, and HPDE is not exactly the place to be "messing around" either. Ive seen 2 evo's totalled in the past month due to people trying to impress their friends on track.