Sign in to follow this  
CHR

Santa's Toy Run - Toy Drive and Fundraiser 2014 Information

CHR

I would like to start by thanks everyone for their toys and donations last year. We collected over 1600 toys and $15,000, a total success. Special thanks to the individuals and teams that we well beyond the minimum to make it very beneficial to our many of our Charities, more importantly the children.

I am looking forward to the 7th Annual Santa’s Toy Run which is only a few weeks away. There is a lot of information that I wanted to share with everyone concerning this year’s event. I also wanted to reassure everybody that all recipients are pre-qualified prior to receiving toys or donations. All of the Charities have gone through a grant review process, visitation and review making them a qualified recipient. All donations will be made payable directly to the charity again ensuring all contributors money is getting in the right hands and being used to help children.

1. TOY DONATIONS: The gate fee is $20 for everyone attending the Santa’s Toy Run or a New Unwrapped Toy, Game, or Gift Card of equal or greater value. About 55% of the children are ages 1 – 12 generally in the domestic violence shelters, 35% are ages 14 – 17 usually in the group foster homes and the remaining 10% are predominately in low income housing. Recommendations are games and toys that will occupy the children’s mind and time. Gift Cards is an option and great for the older teens and also can be used by the charity for things such as birthdays or when a child come in with only the clothes on their back.

2. DONATIONS: All charities are 501c3 non-profit organizations dedicated to meeting the emotional and physical needs of children in crisis including counseling, medical treatment, and academic assistance. 100% of all donations are tax deductible. ALL DONATIONS ARE MADE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE. These organizations are: Gwinnett or Fulton PADV – Kids Rec Programs (Domestic Violence Shelter), A Friends House (Group Foster Home), Haven House (Domestic Violence Shelter), Gwinnett Children’s Shelter (Group Foster Home), KidStuff (Works with autistic children & low income families), Rising Sun Youth Group (After school and camp for low income families) and VFW National Home For Children (Helps military children and families in need. Full campus) If you need more information just give me a call and I will give you a recommendation based on the needs and donations already received or visit http://www.SantasToyRun.org for links to each of these organizations. Forms can be printed from santastoyrun.org website.

3. RACE CAR RIDE ALONG: Julie has made special consideration for non NASA members to take advantage of a ride along. The rider has made a $200 donation to one of the selected charity and signed the appropriate waiver. This is our most popular means of fundraising and makes a perfect gift idea for the person that has everything; A TRUE RIDE OF A LIFETIME. Forms can be printed from santastoyrun.org website.

4. BBQ – SATURDAY DEC 7: There will be a BBQ lunch at the pavilion on Saturday provided by the Road Atlanta Paddock Grill, make sure to thank them! 100% of all money collected will be donated to Sunrise Youth Group; in fact they will be serving the lunch so you will have a chance to meet some of them. A donation of $6.50 or more; menu is BBQ Sandwich, Home Made Slaw, Baked Beans and Drink. Come for some yummy, yummy in your tummy.

5. 50 – 50 DRAWING: We will have some kids from Sunrise Youth Group will be coming around Friday and Saturday with tickets for our 50/50 drawing to be held just prior to the Awards Saturday night Tickets will be $2 each or 15 tickets for $20 donation. Welcome the kids when they come around to your pit.

6. TOY RUN COLLECTION BOXES: I have hundreds of toy collection boxes at my dealership in Lawrenceville. The boxes are very office and shop friendly, 24x24x36. This is a great way to demonstrate to your customers, staff and employees that you helping children at Children at Christmas. It also makes you feel good to help.

I want to thanks everyone in advance for all the support and love that ya’ll have shown in years past and look forward to seeing you at the 7th Annual Santa’s Toy Run in a couple of week. Please call me if you have any ideas, recommendations, concerns, or thoughts. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!