25 hours.... Who's going?

mtm68

We are close enough to begin talking about this right?

We have sent on our tem declaration form, though haven't recieved a reposonse No secrets here, we will b running a ITA/Ps2 Rx7 in E2.

Who else is going and what are you running?

SRC/Sampson Racing Communications will be in this year w/ a bright red 2nd gen RX-7 in E0, #60.

Edited by Guest

F2 Motorsports is tentative schedule to have a 2002 Ford Focus in the 25 hour race. The car provisionally classed in E2 at the 25 hour race. The projective drivers will be Andrew Gillis (USTCC), John Lindsey (AI), Chris Miller (POC), Carlos Granados (POC) and Greg Greenbaum (USTCC/SRT).

We’re a new team, with a new car (Car was just finished this past weekend).

Edited by Guest

Let me add that the F2 Team is provisionally classed in E2 as we are still doing testing on the car for our upcoming Spec Focus series and nothing is set in stone yet. As much as I'd love to be behind the wheel of a Mythical Class Killer, we'll make sure that the car is in the right place before we roll out in December. Rules for the Focus deal should be available soon and I'm happy to send a summary to anyone who is interested so you can see what the car is about and what it is capable of. The plan is to work the rules so that the car is equivalent to H4, SM, and SR in order to round out the small bore field and add yet more spice to the E2 mix.

Thanks and as always feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns.

-JWL

Let me add that the F2 Team is provisionally classed in E2 as we are still doing testing on the car for our upcoming Spec Focus series and nothing is set in stone yet.

-JWL

Thanks John. I was wondering what the specs will be. You going to be able to track that beast prior to the event? You need to get some hard numbers for comparison's sake.

Yep, she'll be on track this weekend at Willow and then a few more times if we can swing it. Ali and Jerry will make sure the parity is there and we're looking to get the car slotted in where it belongs. The main idea here is to make a nice introduction for the class and beat the bejeezus out of it to see what blows up, how it blows up, and when it blows up. Kind of like being six years old again and setting the throttle on the lawn mower to "full bore" for six hours when Mom and Dad are away...

-JWL

i have a question, maybe JWL can answer it.

But is nasa planning on doing any type of marketing, PR, or anything of that nature prior to the event? I know there a website but anything else planning on being done?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PDQ Motorsports will be defending our E2 class title.

We have a strong driver line-up & excellent crew to back up the team. We are proud to say that the same core group that has been with us from our 2002 12 Hour E2 title thru our 2004 25 Hour E2 title. We know that the competition will be tough - it gets tougher every year - but we are working hard to be ready!

We are fortunate to have support from these great sponsors:

ACT http://www.advancedclutch.com/

Auto Innovations http://www.autoinnovations.com/

Cobalt Fritction http://www.cobaltfriction.com/

Griffin Motorwerke http://www.g-werke.com/

PDQ Motorsports http://www.pdqmotorsports.netfirms.com/

Percision Muffler http://www.precisionmuffler.com/

Rota Wheels http://www.rotawheels.com/

Toyo Tires http://www.toyo.com/flash.html

We are looking forward to 25 hours of clean, hard racing!!

OK, now I gotta tell people who will be in the car! I was planning on making this really nice 'announcement' but that is too much work! It would have gone something like this.....

Joining team owner, Mike Quan, in the PDQ Motorsports Civic, will be a stellar lineup of drivers with a long list of accomplishments. We will only be listing a few of the titles.

Mike Davirro, a member of the PDQ's winning 2004 team, will be returning this year. Mike's lastest accomplishment, as one of two Allegro Racing driver's, is the ESR class championship in the WERC the last two years. I think that he would count being crew chief for his son Dane's karting just as high an honor!

Roger Foo, a member of both the winning 2002 team & the 2004 team, is also returning. Roger has on his resume a win in World Challenge Touring Car & Rookie of the Year honors. Add that to his numerous club racing titles, including the first ever 12 Hours of Thunderhill to his list.

Pete Fowler, the other half of Allegro Racing, is also the other half of the 2004 & 2005 ESR titles. In addition, both Pete & Mike won the 12 Hours of Thunderhill in a E1 Civic 'hatch. Pete has experience in everything from karts to open wheel cars.

Andrie Hartanto will be joining us this year. Although new to the team, Andrie is no stranger to racing a Honda. In 2004, Andrie was the NorCal Honda Challenge H1 champion. This year saw Andrie split his time racing Honda Challenge & World Challenge. With good showings @ Infineon & Laguna, the future is bright.

Tom Lepper is also a returning driver to the PDQ team. In fact, Tom split his time this year in sprint races with PDQ to Grand Am in a Chevy Cobalt! Long a fixture, on the podium, in the Northern California racing scene, Tom has done it all. USTCC champion in 2003 & 2004 are his most recent NASA titles.

Of course, the crew is just as important as the drivers! Returning crew includes: Orlando Cagatao, Jimmy Chilcot, Shawn Hughes, Robyn Lepper, Humberto Ortiz, Mike Ponce, Garrett Weldy & Pat Wong. Joining us this year will be James Chin as crew chief, Mike Trebol, Ryan & Charlee. Derek Ramsey, who drove last year, will be James right hand man! My guys are fast, safe & mistake free!

I think we are in trouble!

Miller Motorsports crew of unknowns, never has beens, and never will be's:

Drivers:

Marcus Miller: duh. Pro7 competitor in NASA Norcal, SFR-SCCA, and Cal Club SCCA, Founder of Miller Motorsports, team chef, and wise ass, bill payer, head lunatic.

Scott Miller: (pending!) Pro7 competitor, normal crew chief, tow truck driver, Senior lunatic

Tom Aiken: GTI cup competitor, co-founder Shed Racing, team wise man, head of Porsche development for the team, Senior Lunatic

Sean Neilson: The "ringer" former national former national level Karting competitor; current CalClub Socal Pro7 competitor, 5th in points in his 2nd year. The youngest and fastest, unfortunately, not a lunatic; too smart for that.

Tim Gray: Former Formula Mazda competitor, now running Spec7 in Socal. with NASA-Socal and Cal Club, Brake parts sponsor, the wise man, and junior lunatic.

The crew:

Ron Swett: Head of Bondo repair,,co-founder of shed racing and RV electrics. senior car chief, Seroius lunatic (he's from Maine...).

John Neilson: Senior Karting coordinator, voice of reason, and common sense, senior car chief ( He Keeps Sean running up front! ), Serious lunatic.

Robert Miller: The wise man. head of emergency repair, junior lunatic (he lets his sons do *what*?)

Scott Lipton: Crew chief ( ha! good luck), timing and scoring, lunatic.

Geoff & Bryan Crall: Geoff Team photographer, Bryan: team wrench, both fully crazy.

and many many many more people...

Marcus, whose car finally made it out of the cage shop, and guesses he better start building.

:o

You guys are going to do great. No one took us seriously or knew who we were in 2002.... & they still don't!

:o

You guys are going to do great. No one took us seriously or knew who we were in 2002.... & they still don't!

Yep! I'm sure of it as well. The car should be fast enough, & reliable enough to make it 25 hours, the drivers simply need to perform, and we know it

Our team motto is: Go Fast, Be Competitive, & Have Fun

We always remember the last piece.

Marcus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bullet Motorsports Speedlab (BMS) will be running a Speed World Challenge E46 325i in E0.

Crew Chief is Chris Welch

Driver list is:

Rich Biscevic

Neal Looney

VJ Mirzayan

Brett Strom

Tim Wright

so i saw the updated entry list today... less than 5 days and counting... am star struck again... WC folks, magazine folks, folks from Japan, New CARS!!! past winners, even a GMC Sierra Truck... W:shock:W! but i got a quick question... how are cars classed usually? b'coz i saw a lone CMC Mustang in E1 against ACURA ITRs, CIVIC Si's and MX5's?!!?

The Car classing is in the WERC Ruleset.

This is a ough guideline

CMC/ITS/PS1 are E1.

HC4, ITA,SM are E2

ITB.GTI Cup/Showroom stock are E3

Sports Racers and ESR

Anythin faster than ITS are E0

And stupid fast is ES (non-dot tires, fuel rigs, etc.) Porsche Cup cars, SCCA GT cars, etc.

That is very roough and no where near covers all the possible classes.

Marcus