PROPOSED RULE 2015: Post compliance dyno results online

JSG1901

Proposed change

Compliance dyno sheets and/or declaration forms will be posted online and/or available to all competitors at any time. Create a google docs folder with subfolders by region where each driver must upload a copy of their compliance dyno sheet used for the year. If there is not time before an event, it must be produced upon request of the driver and/or the series director for the event.

Reason

The peak numbers are available on the stickers on the cars, but with all the accusations of cheating, etc. this year, having the full dyno sheet available increases transparency to minimize accusations, etc. Having the dyno declaration form would help as well.

Proposed wording

All competitors will upload a copy of their current compliance dyno sheet to the GTS Dyno Repository. If there isn't sufficient time to upload the dyno sheet, it must be produced upon request made to the driver and/or series director.

Andrew, Regional Directors aren't always at every event, plus, it would be nice to be able to to see the dyne sheets for competitors in other regions, and match them up with their lap times on MyLaps.

I think it's a good rule but I don't think we need to use google docs. Just "hard copies must be handed in at the beginning of the race weekend and may be reviewed by any GTS competitor" seems like a more logical first step.

I agree with the idea, but I could see this becoming a logistical problem. Do you maintain older dyno sheets and the dates they were in effect? What about adjustable tune cars?

We wanted to do this years ago, but back then, there was no National Director to oversee such matters. I vote YES on this, but I agree, to be more useful, the declaration page must be part of the uploaded document.

This would have to be maintained closely and kept up to date. That could be a lot of work. Will it be up to the driver to update records, region director...??? Removed upon expiration? Updated when modifications are done??