OEM hardtop rule (s2000)

dans2k

• National Staff
hey Greg I have picked up a mugen copy hardtop so I can do back to back testing with the OEM one.

lmk how you want the testing done so we can make it legal

Dan, I've arranged for a $30,000 wind tunnel test for you. All you have to do is provide the car, the two tops, and the $30,000, and we are good to go!

Happy Thanksgiving!

42 page thread here we come!

Since I read every word of that thread, and so now own an OEM top, I'm staying outta this

Same here. I even emailed Greg before I started building my car because I was so confused. OEM hardop works fine for zero points.

It would probably be less expensive to crowd fund molds of the OEM top and pay someone to make replica OEM hardtops with top grade hardware than pay for a wind tunnel.

^ yeah that!

You guys should contact CCP fabrication (Florida I think). I think I have his email, if you want it.

He makes fiberglass parts for a lot of cars. I have his miata hardtop, very high quality, copy of OEM, 11 lbs, and only cost $550. I'm sure if someone got him an s2k hardtop he'd make a mold of it and start selling tops.

• National Staff
The forbidden oem replica top is really nice. Mine fits great, looks great, and they are pretty cheap.

But it would be so much more fun to have a 40 page thread, and a $30,000 wind tunnel test.

The forbidden oem replica top is really nice. Mine fits great, looks great, and they are pretty cheap.

But it would be so much more fun to have a 40 page thread, and a $30,000 wind tunnel test.

I retract my prior comment. I'm skipping the 40 page thread. However, if you're doing the $30k wind tunnel test, I'm in to spectate

• 1 month later...

I'm a little bummed as I have a Forbidden Mugen Replica. My wife got it for a Christmas sale last year for a steal. At the time, I didn't realize it would cost me points for not going any faster.