Auto cross

beerkat

Looking forward to doing some Autox. I think that I will be able to get my wife involved as a participant and not just a spectator. Will I be able to run my truck or will I need to share the SVTF with my wife? Do you think that you might do one at CMP or some where in SC?

So I'm fairly new to Atlanta, and wonder why NASA isn't running any autox (or NASAX, whatever the case may be) down here? Is the need satisfied by other clubs? Are there not good lots around? Do we have equipment? I like that you're doing one up in NC, great, but it's a bit of a drive! Certianly I'd think there are plenty of people around GA who'd love to participate.

• Members

To quote NIKE...

Let's do it!

We'd be glad to set up an NASAX anywhere in the SE, we just need asphalt large enough to do it and permission from the owner of the asphalt. We are open to any suggestions, send me an email [email protected] and I'd be glad to follow thru with any venue someone gives us.

We put the one together in Concord NC and we have another one coming soon in Mooresville, NC, but that is primarily because people led us to those venues and we have received permission to run. By all means please let us know where you think we can run a NASAX or Track event and we'll make every effort to set one up at their facility.

We are trying to make sure that we cover all of the Southeast, we know that there are many more like us that love to squeal some tires!

Jim,

I live east of Atlanta about 10 miles from Road Atlanta and would love to scout some AutoX venues. What are some of the basic perameters to look for? I know SCCA uses Turner Field, whould it have to be somewhere that big? Maybe we could infact get Turner Field if they have some open weekends?

Jon

• Members

Jon,

That sounds great, we'll take all the help we can get! I am headed down to Atlanta in possibly early December - let me know if you want to get together and look at some venues - and I'd be glad to follow up and see what we can do to set one up!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

A while back there wa an article in the local paper on a new kart track being built at the Horry County fairgrounds. They are looking for exposure. Here is what contact informaton I have.

Biscoe Allsbrook 843 756 7009 Fairgrounds

David Toller MB Racing myrtlebeachracingworld.com

They might be able to handle an autocross.

• Members

Thanks! It was loads of fun, we are going to adjust the format a little for the next one, but with an eye towards getting everyone who runs a few more runs... Details to follow...

All in all I think it was a pretty successful event given the circumstances (darn it was COLD!!!) - We are going to try and have a few more there next year...