GTisRule

Requirements for TT in a different region?

GTisRule

Hello! I've been running the last two years in TT2 with my 2006 Mitsubishi IX in the Pacific Northwest with NASA Northwest. My car has a proper log book and all the necessary safety for the NW region, and I have my NASA TT license. What would it take for me to come play a few weekends with you guys since we're not having a 2015 season? Trying to figure out what to do with my TT car with no season.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jason Parker

#80 NASA NW

shuko

Your credentials will transfer and you can participate in TT events in any region. Go for it, driving new and far away tracks is fun!

Just be aware that different regions have different "styles" of TT. Some treat it as a proper competition class with open passing and strict conformance to the rules. Others play it fast and loose. And then some treat it like just another HPDE group.

I'm not trying to knock any particular region, I'm just saying don't go in to the event with any specific expectations. Have all your paperwork in order and have fun!

Hokie

You might want to reach out to the local TT Director for specifics. When I tried other regions I had to bring a new copy of classification forms, dyno form, dyno printout, etc.

Good advice above about different driving formats, that can be a bit of a shock.

kbrew8991

most of the point of the license is to make it easy to TT in different regions

GTisRule

Aw awesome! Our TT was typically run with HPDE 4 up here, but it was open passing, and pretty much as long as there's no incidents on track we could do what we want with respect to other drivers. I'm looking more for new experiences, fun, and meet some friends with common interests away from my usual stomping grounds this season!

I look forward to comparing lap times with you guys this season!