Smike

HPDE **4** Drivers Here! (2015)

Smike

Hello all HPDE 4 drivers! Welcome back and welcome to all new drivers! We had a great year developing skills and race craft. Really looking forward to furthering everyone's developments for this season.

Some new changes for 2015. We will have a new HPDE 3 leader as a separate group.

Jon Cindric will be you coach and mentor for our group! So more can get one-on-one coaching! Jon brings many years of experience in a variety of cars with many wins along the way. He will be a great asset for us!

Looking forward to working with everyone in 2015 and beyond. Mike and I will be helping you become the driver you desire to be!

Jon jcindric@neo.rr.com

Looking forward to working with you all throughout the 2015 Great Lakes season!

This is an open thread for all of us to chat before our season. Open topic and discussions; feel free to ask anything.

Michael Gerowitz

PTC Mustang GT #108

GTS (secret for now) #027

2015 Great Lakes Events

italicized = MW or other

April 17-19

Mid-Ohio

May 16-17

Pitt Race

June 5-7

Mid-Ohio

July 17-19

National Corvette Museum

July 31-2

Road America

September 3-6

Championships at VIR

September 19-20

Autobahn

October 2-4

Mid-Ohio

Edited by Guest

Smike

With that, what are items you all want to work on this year?

Your driving mentor and I have compiled a curriculum that covers topics on/about: sensory, feedback, psychomotor control, and reflection. Cryptic, eh? We will expound on those terms throughout this season.

Sen·so·ry

/ˈsensərē/

adjective

- of or relating to sensation or the physical senses; transmitted or perceived by the senses.

Feed·back

/'fēdˌbak/

noun

- information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.

synonyms: response, reaction, comments, criticism; More

- the modification or control of a process or system by its results or effects, e.g., in a biochemical pathway or behavioral response.

Psy·cho·mo·tor

/ˌsīkōˈmōdər/

adjective

- of or relating to the origination of movement in conscious mental activity.

Re·flec·tion

/rəˈflekSH(ə)n/

noun

- the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.

- serious thought or consideration.

427R

Glad to see you'll be the Group 4 Leader again Mike. Going to run a reduced schedule this year, so I decided to hold off on going TT till later.

Smike
Glad to see you'll be the Group 4 Leader again Mike. Going to run a reduced schedule this year, so I decided to hold off on going TT till later.

Thank you! Understand. Hope to see you at as many events as possible.

911.racer

What am I working on?

Well, not a HPDE car, but certainly fun. Take a look:

csf1421806413.jpg

427R
What am I working on?

Well, not a HPDE car, but certainly fun. Take a look:

csf1421806413.jpg

Bet you can't wait to test it out at NCM. Love watching the Porsche's run.

Smike

Woot! Good looking Porsche there!

Royster

Ditto, glad to see you'll be coaching us in HPDE 4 again.

I'm all signed up for all the Great Lakes events starting with the June event except for the Championships!

Randy, got something for you when we next meet.

Had some more IRS modification work done & found a loose upper bushing mount right rear damper. So the car is back in with the builder. It's an expensive way to store the car for the winter. I gotta get better doing "complete" inspections after each event.

Going to work for some faster exit speeds this year in order to get to a point to compete in TT3.

427R

I'm all signed up for all the Great Lakes events starting with the June event except for the Championships!

Had some more IRS modification work done & found a loose upper bushing mount right rear damper. So the car is back in with the builder. It's an expensive way to store the car for the winter. I gotta get better doing "complete" inspections after each event.

Going to work for some faster exit speeds this year in order to get to a point to compete in TT3.

Was ready to move into TT3 this year, but we've decided to move a little closer to work, 80 mile one-way commute is wearing on me, so we're going to cut back on events this year and maybe next to save money and get house ready to sell. Once we move I'll make the move into TT3. See you at MO or NCM?

Edited by Guest

Smike

Thanks Roy!

Great to hear!

We can (and will be) working on that subject and many more this summer.

To get faster out, you have to be faster in. We'll be covering backwards design/thinking of corners as one of the topics.

Smike

I would like to formally welcome Jon Cindric as our one-on-one coach and mentor! Jon brings many years of experience in a variety of cars with many wins along the way. He will be a great asset for us!

427R

Welcome Jon

Edited by Guest

427R

Roy, I've signed up to run all 3 days at the MO and NCM events this year. If you haven't done the same, give it some thought...more track time!!

jcindric

Looking forward to working with everyone in 2015 and beyond. Mike and I will be helping you become the driver you desire to be!

Jon jcindric@neo.rr.com

427R

Jon jcindric@neo.rr.com

Jon, I see by your signature, you were TTA Champion. Going through the TT classification process recently and watching the comments in the TT section, would be nice for NASA to consider bringing back TTA. Many of us having to go into TT3 and finding the compitition..overwhelming. Virtually street cars having to compete against race cars. Will keep fingers crossed.

jcindric

I drove my Cayman in TT3 in 2013, fun fast class. In any class you need to maximize points. More often it is with suspension and tires. Seat time and dedication is just as valuable. My signature is out of date, 2013 GL TT3 champion and second in MW.

Our region is very fast and look at grid at MO, haven't been many street cars. The Cayman was prepped but not fully race completed. Looking forward to helping you.

427R

Thanks Jon. Mike has done a phenomenal job educating, instructing and preparing us for advancement, if we so desire. I'll definately pick your brain and seek your advice, as I did with Mike. Don't want to step into something till I know I can be competitive, self and car.

jcindric

Mental preparation, be confident

427R

Can't believe the lack of activity on here...guess winter has taken a strong hold. We're a little over 2 months away from MO, this place should be buzzing. So anxious for the season to start. Watching 24 Hours of Daytona got me riled up.

Hokie

Last year at the 2nd Pitt Race date, I came out to my first NASA-GL event and first time at Pitt Race. Mike was super helpful giving me a breakdown of the track before I got there, and then set up a ride-along once I got there. You all have great people and great organization out there.

Looking to join you guys again for an event or two this season. I haven't had the pleasure of driving Mid Ohio, so I'm looking to come out for a weekend there. Might even try to haul out for the NCM or Road America dates if the stars align.

427R

Should have been at the 1st PittRace Eric, we had hail 2nd PittRace was much better weather and good times. I like PittRace, it bumped Putnam as one of my favorites. Think you'll like MO, its challenging and fun at the same time. Anxious to run NCM. Have heard good things about it from Jay Andrew who's run it a few times. Always look forward to new tracks.

Royster

Great to have Jon to work with us. We will have a great team to help us develop!

Randy. Not going to make anything until the MW Region Autobahn last weekend in April & then not again until the June MO event. I'll make all the others, though.

Have not yet signed up for any Fridays, yet.

427R
Great to have Jon to work with us. We will have a great team to help us develop!

Randy. Not going to make anything until the MW Region Autobahn last weekend in April & then not again until the June MO event. I'll make all the others, though.

Have not yet signed up for any Fridays, yet.

See you at MO in June then.

Hokie
Should have been at the 1st PittRace Eric, we had hail 2nd PittRace was much better weather and good times. I like PittRace, it bumped Putnam as one of my favorites.

Wow, glad I missed the hail.

Always look forward to new tracks.

Agree with you there, learning new tracks is my favorite part. Right now I have the October Mid Ohio date penciled in my calendar.

Smike
Can't believe the lack of activity on here...guess winter has taken a strong hold. We're a little over 2 months away from MO, this place should be buzzing. So anxious for the season to start. Watching 24 Hours of Daytona got me riled up.

Loooong. Coooold. Winter.

Haha, I haven't even looked at my cars yet.

Last year at the 2nd Pitt Race date, I came out to my first NASA-GL event and first time at Pitt Race. Mike was super helpful giving me a breakdown of the track before I got there, and then set up a ride-along once I got there. You all have great people and great organization out there.

Looking to join you guys again for an event or two this season. I haven't had the pleasure of driving Mid Ohio, so I'm looking to come out for a weekend there. Might even try to haul out for the NCM or Road America dates if the stars align.

Look forward to seeing you at MO or NCM!