NP01 Prototype Progress

ElanMark

• National Staff

BTW everyone, here are some photos from my last visit to Élan showing how deep in production we are. Things are really coming together quickly!

IMG_20150828_150502.jpg

IMG_20150828_144717.jpg

IMG_20150828_144705.jpg

IMG_20150828_144517.jpg

IMG_20150828_144426.jpg

IMG_20150828_143608.jpg

IMG_20150828_143503.jpg

IMG_20150828_143406.jpg

IMG_20150828_143340.jpg

IMG_20150828_150638.jpg

IMG_20150828_150626.jpg

IMG_20150828_150532.jpg

IMG_20150828_150455.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ElanMark

• rex.racer

• bbutler1414

• C.Plavan

• Members

Supposed to have an NP01 doing laps during lunch time at VIR this week for the Eastern States Championships. Can't wait to see one in person.

The car does not handle like it is "just" on DOT toyo RRs.. Having raced a tube frame stock car on hoosier slicks all weekend, that was my comparison. The stick at speed was unbelievable and blew away my expectations and we put down a deposit. Flat out through the climbing esses felt very comfortable.

We are expecting delivery of chassis # 015 (??) in December.

The car does not handle like it is "just" on DOT toyo RRs.. Having raced a tube frame stock car on hoosier slicks all weekend, that was my comparison. The stick at speed was unbelievable and blew away my expectations and we put down a deposit. Flat out through the climbing esses felt very comfortable.

abbvVkpk.gif

Great photos. What I'd really like to see if some preliminary lap times that were achieved at various (known) tracks. What were the VIR lap times?? I realize that final testing/set-up may not be fully complete but these ballpark lap times can be used to give some general comparison of capabilities. As an example, I know of several current Radical SR3 owners who are interested in the NP01 but they would like to validate that the NP01 can offer *similar* performance to the SR3. God knows the reliability, maintenance and overall "robustness" of the NP01 will be better - and these attributes are important but all that more impressive when the performance envelope is in the same league as cars where these attributes are less than desirable.

Finally, I really think that there is a strong market for the NP01 on the West Coast and having a physical car here would really help to solidify deposits!

Keep going, guys! Great job so far.... I'm sure the best is yet to come.

Jeremey....Possibly It's time for some updates !

Kit deliveries, spares listings, in house builds. Any unforeseen delays of any sort?

No updates in over a month!

P.S.

Races here are are hoot this weekend at MSR Houston

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'm new to NASA racing, other than a few enduros I haven't done nay NASA racing, as I've been busy with SCCA Pro for the last 3 years.

For the 2016 season, where will most NP races be held? What races are a "must-do" of 2016? Any other details I need to know? Is there any sort of prize money contingency for a championship?

• National Staff
Jeremey....Possibly It's time for some updates !

Kit deliveries, spares listings, in house builds. Any unforeseen delays of any sort?

No updates in over a month!

P.S.

Races here are are hoot this weekend at MSR Houston

Thanks for your time on the phone over the last couple weeks Bobby.

As I mentioned to every customer on the phone, I'm keeping everyone up to date with information as it becomes available and also answering any questions they might have.

• National Staff
Okay I'm new to NASA racing, other than a few enduros I haven't done nay NASA racing, as I've been busy with SCCA Pro for the last 3 years.

For the 2016 season, where will most NP races be held? What races are a "must-do" of 2016? Any other details I need to know? Is there any sort of prize money contingency for a championship?

Series schedule is nearly complete and I think you'll really like what you see. We are shooting for posting it in the next two weeks.

• National Staff
Great photos. What I'd really like to see if some preliminary lap times that were achieved at various (known) tracks. What were the VIR lap times?? I realize that final testing/set-up may not be fully complete but these ballpark lap times can be used to give some general comparison of capabilities. As an example, I know of several current Radical SR3 owners who are interested in the NP01 but they would like to validate that the NP01 can offer *similar* performance to the SR3. God knows the reliability, maintenance and overall "robustness" of the NP01 will be better - and these attributes are important but all that more impressive when the performance envelope is in the same league as cars where these attributes are less than desirable.

Finally, I really think that there is a strong market for the NP01 on the West Coast and having a physical car here would really help to solidify deposits!

Keep going, guys! Great job so far.... I'm sure the best is yet to come.

Overall, the Radical will likely be a bit faster car at nearly all tracks because it had a very different design philosophy behind it's creation. How much is hard to say, but the lap times that have been posted already should give some folks a good idea. We're certainly not talking a huge margin here though.

However, the NP01 will allow the driver to enjoy what they came to the track to do, drive! The NP01 was designed to compete against itself in a spec racing class providing the best band for buck performance option available in motorsports today. It allows the owner to drive in a class of cars the same speed in close proximity with more checks and balances than has ever been introduced for a class. It will truly be a game changer knowing that the car you show up with at the track is the same speed as all your other competitors!

We continue to sell these cars to folks that understand this and are tired of spending so much money to go these same speeds and would prefer a less expensive solution that just happens to be proper purpose built racing car with lots of class competition that is only stout and reliable, but built to be easily enjoyable for all driver skill levels that also lends itself to someone that works on his car alone all weekend.

There really isn't anything out there that comes close to offering the value, competition, parity, and fun this class does for the money!

• 2 weeks later...
Overall, the Radical will likely be a bit faster car at nearly all tracks...

Mostly stock car engine vs strung-out motorcycle engine? I'll take reliability with a side of fun.

Overall, the Radical will likely be a bit faster car at nearly all tracks because it had a very different design philosophy behind it's creation. How much is hard to say

Radical Cup was at Road Atlanta in '14 and pole for SR8 was 1:19.8 and SR3 was 1:23.6. That is on Dunlop slicks which are going to be several seconds faster than DOT Toyo's.

A top running ST1 car (record holder) is around 1:25-1:26, ST2 (should) be around 1:27 and ST3 1:29. +/-

Will be interesting to see where the NP01 falls in with all that.

I know Jeremy has been super busy with SEMA coming up next week. NASA will have two cars on display, one of them being the NP01. The 000 car needed a fresh wrap after all the test weekends put on it. Thinking about four solid days at SEMA and showing off the car has already made my throat start hurting .

Did anyone here drive the car when it was at New Jersey a few weeks ago? Thoughts/impressions?

David Chow - how is that build coming along?

I know Jeremy has been super busy with SEMA coming up next week. NASA will have two cars on display, one of them being the NP01. The 000 car needed a fresh wrap after all the test weekends put on it. Thinking about four solid days at SEMA and showing off the car has already made my throat start hurting .

Did anyone here drive the car when it was at New Jersey a few weeks ago? Thoughts/impressions?

David Chow - how is that build coming along?

I'm headed to SEMA.... I will be there for sure looking it over, probably multiple days. I know my checkbook could be getting lighter, I just need to see it in person (and drive it during a WEST COAST showing).