• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ElanMark

• rex.racer

• bbutler1414

• C.Plavan

Foursevens, thanks for posting video! Watching this thing go around the track is very exciting!

Mark, I spoke with Jeremy briefly about this a while back, but are there plans yet to bring the NP01 up to the north east region for those of us who might want to schedule a test drive?

Hi Mike 40,

Yes, we plan to get one to all the regions, but I'm not sure as to timing.

However, we'll be doing a bit more development on the car in the next few weeks and may be able to fit you into the schedule if you were willing to travel the the Atlanta area for the day.

Please let me know if you're interested.

I have reason to believe that Mark Sanderson is no longer at Elan.

Just wondering who will be providing updates and answering the many inquiries forthcoming.

Mark was on top of it and I personally will miss his involvement in this project.

Myself and other paid depositors will appreciate having a name and contact information soon.

• National Staff
I have reason to believe that Mark Sanderson is no longer at Elan.

Just wondering who will be providing updates and answering the many inquiries forthcoming.

Mark was on top of it and I personally will miss his involvement in this project.

Myself and other paid depositors will appreciate having a name and contact information soon.

Bobby,

You are indeed correct. Mark was offered a position with a Ferrari parts supplier that he simply couldn't turn down and I will miss working with him.

However, as most of you have already seen, I have been personally involved in every aspect of the program from the beginning working hand in hand with Mark on all aspects of the program. You have all received a number of updates from me. You will continue to receive updates from me and I will be your main point of contact moving forward. Each of you already have my number and I'm available to speak during normal business hours. The engineering team at élan that Mark and I worked with that has been involved with the program since its inception are still working hard on the program and we're nearing completion on it. I'm currently preparing another update for all the owners and you can expect to receive that next week with a little more info. I will also be continuing the updates on the forums for the folks that were following our progress.

Rest assured, everything is moving ahead exactly as planned and this change in personnel will not affect or disrupt a single thing.

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to contact me by phone or email as I am in daily communication with the team at élan and can answer any questions you might have.

Best regards,

Jeremy Croiset

Jeremy,

Good to see you pick up after Mark. I know you've been involved since the beginning and glad you're able to fill his shoes. You've been a great help answering all the questions that I had and I can't imagine anyone else filling in for Mark. I bet most of the sales were because of you! Now how can we clone you so we can have you sell more on the east coast? I guess I'll have to do that for now :P

After test driving the NP01 a week ago I'm absolutely convinced sales is going to make a huge jump. The car is fantastic just out of the box - not only does it perform it's a HUGE value proposition.

I'm looking forward to racing with other np01 owners both on the east and the west coast. (I'm doing a co-op program with Drake )

David

Being a depositor on Chassis 14, I'm glad Jeremy posted to this issue. What he says is 100% spot on (not that he needs my approval). Having heard the news, I picked up the phone and had a nice conversation with Mark this morning about what was going on. He tells me Elan is in the process of hiring someone to replace him. He tells me if anyone wants to contact the folks at Elan, he will help them do so and is also more than willing to answer questions still. Anyone wanting to go take the factory tour is still more than welcome to go and there are plenty of guys there that won't mind showing you around. He had a lot to do with this car and considers it his baby of sorts so he has a lot invested in its success. Not having access to his email at work any longer, he is not able to post on the forum due to some password snafus. He said he will be registering under a new user name to post soon and give more details.

I'm much more at ease now after speaking with Mark. I think we all liked the fact someone at Elan was on top of things and keeping us posted on the factory progress not to mention he was just a regular guy and very personable. From what Mark told me, the development is slated to be closed in the next couple of weeks and after that, no more changes to the car...they go into full production. After that point, customer cars will be going out and really all Elan is doing at that point is fabrication and kit assembly.

My worry is back to excitement and anticipation. This car is going to be a blast.

Jay

• National Staff

Thanks for the kind words David.

This project will continue on quite smoothly as it now has a life of it's own and will continue to take shape as planned.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, or reservations, I'm available pretty much 24/7 through email and also by phone M-F during normal business hours (PST.)

I actually fixed Mark's password issue this morning on the forums, so don't be surprised when you see him pop in and post something of his own!

As you can all see, the car is now beginning to gain favor in the media, we got some exceptional plans in motion for a media presence along with a fantastic tour of the country planned as well that should allow folks interested in the NP01 to get a first hand look at the car before placing their own orders! There are a few teams that have ordered cars that plan to order multiple cars after the first one arrives, so all indications point to having a very strong launch and we fully expect to receive a rush of orders over the next couple months after the car starts to tour the country.

We will post a schedule soon for the rest of the year tour the car will go on and we'll also start taking reservations for test drives at the scheduled stops!

Look for more information soon!

Hi All,

Just to reassure anyone who may have concerns with the program, production is well underway and the NP01 has taken on a life of it's own! My decision to leave was in no way related to the company or the project and I did my best to hand off things in as orderly a way as possible. It was a year ago this month that I called NASA with an idea for a car and a business relationship and here we are a year later with a complete car! Developing the NP01 was a fantastic cooperative effort and it will not be at all easy to step away from. However as Jeremy said, I am on to the Ferrari parts business (TRutlands) with a new set of things to focus on.

As far as keeping the momentum going, there are a lot of talented people at Elan, all of whom are very much behind this program! The NP01 is Elan's largest project with 80% or more of the staff busy working on NP01 production. Considering the on-going level of interest with two more cars sold in the last few weeks, I'd bet it will be a major part of Elan's business for years to come!

They are hoping have someone in place to handle NP01 sales soon. It will take several weeks to make this happen though. I still have a good relationship with Dr. Panoz and the management at Elan, and plan to help bring the new person up to speed as needed.

I may not be working with Elan on a daily basis, but I cannot wait to see a field of NP01s racing for the first time! What an awesome sight!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby I thought you were supposed to be there! Test day was fantastic. The car is getting dialed in. It's faster than ever.

I ran with a poured seat and it was awesome.

He was pulling you on the straights but not by much. You completely owned him in the corners...assuming he was pushing the car.

Man I would love to get some seat time in before I get the car. Looks like a blast.

Jay

Here's one. on the second lap i'm chasing an ls3 miata :P

Looks like 1:28 lap times? What is the final lb/hp? some of the initial articles say 11, but the random specs out there calculate to 8.4ish.

What are some other class times at AMP? Looks like the track record is 1:16 in a WX10. What configuration was the test?

The car looks great!

Don

If you look at my dash I did a few 1:27's. Drake - another reservation holder who drives for mazda did 1:25.0

It's full course. Anything under 1:30 is blistering fast. WX10 is not a fair comparison since it's almost half the weight. Track favors setup over power.

spec miatas are running 1:34's

Edited by Guest

here are a few videos for reference

1:34 spec miata

1:32.6 me in bmw e36 stripped, full cage track car (800lbs less)

1:31.1 me in bmw e90 m3 with supercharger (650hp)

1:29 gt3rs

1:25.0 me in my bac mono (chasing an exocet)

1:23.9 leh keen in a 1000+ hp gtr

1:16.6 in the 800lb wx10 (track record)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skAnbXgcrA

Our Optimal lap time from testing 4 weeks ago was a 1:23.1 and we had a fuel cut issue that has now been fixed, I believe the car can do a 1:22 flat with more testing and getting used to it.

Our Optimal lap time from testing 4 weeks ago was a 1:23.1 and we had a fuel cut issue that has now been fixed, I believe the car can do a 1:22 flat with more testing and getting used to it.

1:22 would be sick fast

here are a few videos for reference

1:34 spec miata

1:32.6 me in bmw e36 stripped, full cage track car (800lbs less)

1:31.1 me in bmw e90 m3 with supercharger (650hp)

1:29 gt3rs

1:25.0 me in my bac mono (chasing an exocet)

1:23.9 leh keen in a 1000+ hp gtr

1:16.6 in the 800lb wx10 (track record)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-skAnbXgcrA

Thanks for taking the time to provide the above comparative lap times and post the video links. Very useful info

OK now what?

Is the car now sorted out? Any comments welcomed?

Are the components arriving on schedule from suppliers? Any delays there?

Any idea when first kits be ready to ship and when might in house builds be started?

Hopefully a few of these questions may be addressed and relax those of us that are becoming a little anxious!

No matter......it's all good and worth the wait!

When I spoke with Mark right after he announced his leaving Elan, he told me everything was on schedule. Parts, engines, transmissions were arriving daily. The one part that was somewhat of a hold up were the axles. They had to be redesigned and then fabricated, from somewhere in Europe IIRC. He said those were due the first week or two in September.

Me being chassis #14 was told end of October delivery. I presume they have been building chassis, putting together the hardware and parts in the meantime. Mark has said in about a week (after I spoke with him) was to be the final meeting on the production car and no more changes after that.

Would be nice if we had a progress update just to know if everything is on schedule.

• National Staff

Hello everyone,

As some have already seen, we recently completed another round of successful testing with the NP01. The car is amazing to drive, more fun than can be imagined and I'm certain no one will be disappointed when they receive their new car!

I spoke with my Élan Motorsports colleagues today and we absolutely know we owe NP01 customers and fans up-to-date information about the scheduled builds. I want to assure you that this is a priority along with production. Nearly the entire team at Élan is currently working on the NP01 project. They are working up a concrete schedule using the latest information we've just recently confirmed, and I expect to have it very soon. Once I get it, I will be contacting customers individually to share information so each of you is as up to date as possible.

Please feel free to email me with any specific questions.

Thanks,