Fuel Lines?

loftygoals

I would like to replace the fuel lines, but there is nothing in the rules regarding lines.

I am already take +2 for:

Non-BTM or modified carburetor, fuel rail, fuel injectors, fuel pump(s), and/or fuel pressure regulator

Anyone have any experience with this? I've pinged Greg with a lot of questions lately, so I thought I'd check here, first.

-bj

I think you're spot-on. It's not under the no points mod section but if you're already taking +2 for the other fuel components modifications then it *should* fall under that umbrella.

I think you're spot-on. It's not under the no points mod section but if you're already taking +2 for the other fuel components modifications then it *should* fall under that umbrella.

That's my gut feeling too--it isn't listed as free, but it should be covered under the other fuel system stuff.

It doesn't seem like lines alone would be a performance advantage. Lines won't change fuel pressure. They could allow additional capacity, but without a bigger fuel pump, and injectors and/or an adjustable FPR you couldn't take advantage of the increased capacity. I guess it could allow older cars to run high Ethanol fuels without issue, but E85 is no points. E85 does require injector replacements on most cars, though. But then there are fuels like VP Motorsport 109E, which is street legal race fuel you can buy from the pump. It has an Ethanol content of 30% which can be accommodated with many factory injectors.

The only reason I'm replacing the lines is to plumb in a sensor. The line is continuous from the tank to the fuel rail, so the only option is to modify the line or replace.

-bj