East Coast Championships

2010 mustang

For the East Coast Championships, do you need 4 or 5 starts? I know the Championships page says only 4, but it still contains info from last years event at RA. Just verifying to sign up for events accordingly.

• 1 month later...

That was last year. The West Championships are in Jul/Aug this year so even earlier than the East Championships. I doubt they still make them do 5 events to qualify. Sounds like it's going to be 4 for either. I'm guessing though.

• 3 weeks later...

West nationals registration is up. 4 events to qualify. East opens early May. No idea. I'm assuming its still going to be 4.

• National Staff
West nationals registration is up. 4 events to qualify. East opens early May. No idea. I'm assuming its still going to be 4.

It is 4 for TT. I'm not sure if the final decision has been made for the racers yet (4 or 5).

It is 4 for TT. I'm not sure if the final decision has been made for the racers yet (4 or 5).

Who would we contact to check? That kind of makes a difference in planning for the event.

• National Staff

Who would we contact to check? That kind of makes a difference in planning for the event.

Check with Will, but he should be posting soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • National Staff

The TT requirement for the Eastern Championships is, and has been 4 TT events.

The Race requirement is 5 events, two of which can be TT and the others have to be races.

Lets get registered Guys and Gals!

My fault for not getting this straight earlier and maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why TT can count towards races but races can't count towards TT?

I have 3 TT and 5 races but can't sign up for TT, not sure I understand the reasoning for this.

Joe Moholland

• National Staff

Participation in TT at the Championships requires:

1) support of the regional TT series via participation in the minimum number or required events

2) a full understanding of NASA TT etiquette and on-track behavior expectations via participation in the minimum number or required events

3) full opportunity for the Regional TT Director to do compliance inspections on the vehicle prior to arriving at the Championships (via participation in the minimum number or required events)

4) full opportunity for the Regional TT Director to discipline a driver for substandard on-track behavior prior to arriving at the Championships (via participation in the minimum number or required events)

Racers who do not participate in TT on a usual basis are, in general, the biggest cause of on-track problems. TT does not have the same safety requirements as racing, which leaves less leeway for some of the behaviors that some racers choose to exhibit.

This makes perfect sense to me now and while based on my TT experience I'm not sure this rational would accurately apply to me, the rules are the rules and I now fully understand.

Thank you

Joe Moholland

This makes perfect sense to me now and while based on my TT experience I'm not sure this rational would accurately apply to me, the rules are the rules and I now fully understand.

Thank you

Joe Moholland

Joe,

You are correct. People like me and you and others we know would be perfectly safe crossing over and double dipping in TT because we did TT for years before moving to racing. However, I personally have witnessed racers that jumped into the TT pool and caused lots of issues -- to the point of damaging other cars. I was looking at signups for TT and thinking about double-dipping, but I do not have enough TTs in 2015 to qualify either.

It is unfortunate for those of us that are experienced, but something that I support Greg on enforcing... damn, did I just agree with Greg? That makes twice in three years....

-Kevin

Racers who do not participate in TT on a usual basis are, in general, the biggest cause of on-track problems.

That needs to be printed on a 30' banner and flown at every NASA event

Racers who do not participate in TT on a usual basis are, in general, the biggest cause of on-track problems.

That needs to be printed on a 30' banner and flown at every NASA event

Haha.

(That is also the reason why I've always believed that NASA members that jump from DE4 to NASA Racing should be required to do 1 TT weekend without supersizing Race Group; to get a feel for the flow of TT sessions. If said Racer ever uses TT for more seat time or track time for their Race weekend, they at least understand TT etiquette.)