Licensing

BabyFerrariRacing

Quick question everyone. I just got approved for my novice TT license with another group. Can I use this to get a NASA TT license so I can run in the TT classes or do I still have to go through the HPDE program? I've had plenty of track time last year competing in time trial events and OTDs at Waterford Hills. I was going to move up to HPDE-3 there.

It could be as easy as proving you have similar training and experience with an equivalent ladder system, then signing up for HPDE and getting a check ride / move to TT. However, provisional TT clearance is region-specific so it's best to contact your nearest Regional Director or TT Director for details. We all do things pretty much the same, but there are some minor differences... and none of us want to tell you wrong!

Think of it as if you were applying for a job. You can't just show up and be like, "I'm qualified! I swear! Pay me!"

Put together all of your experience and display said experience (ride-along) and you should be good to go.

Thanks guys. I sent my region an email yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. I figure that with my experience I have, I should be able to run in HPDE-3